27 days sober...In new territory

by digderidoo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Proud of you!!! I'm glad you are making new friends and finding new hobbies. Diving is a great hobby!

Keep up the good work!!

babygirl...

• JeffT
    JeffT

Keep up the good work! I did my first 28 days in a treatment center which made it easier. I look back now and realize how much progress I've made and it is amazing. All sorts of things have fallen into place since I quit drinking, but it does take a while. PM me anytime you want if I can be of help.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Great news. We're delighted for you.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Thanks for your comments, i have only just come back on line since yesterday.

Snow, my avatar is eating bamboo (i think).

Paul

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

I am coming up to 60 days on Sunday - I came down off of a massive drug and alcohol habit. Having my parents join the WT when I was 9 years old and going from a happy fun life to a horrible life, then leaving it behind when I was in my 20s with no friends and no family had a lot to do with turning to drugs. Now I'm in outpatient rehab, attend NA, and am in therapy. Good luck to you...it can be done. Especially when you fill life with new things with new sober people.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Great news zenpunk,

My sincere wish for you is to keep on going and going, just like that energizer bunny and if you feel your losing power we are here for you. Remember that and Good luck.

Orangefatcat

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Dig...scuba diving is how my husband got his best friend to quit smoking...they wanted to learn to scuba but he couldn't breathe that good because of smoking..you need good lungs.So hubby encouraged him and he quit..they ended up scuba diving together and had a lot of fun.
    (not counting the time he...the friend.... shot another friend in the leg with the speargun)..

I think it's great that you are doing so well..realizing that one drink will cause it to start all over again is something that should always stay in your head.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXJust say NO!

It's the same for me with cigarettes..If I smoke just one it starts me all over again.

Snoozy..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit