WT says Thank God we're here for you!

by ozziepost 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Appearing as their feature article today on their official website is this from an Awake! article of last year:

True Christians Shining in the Darkness

Before the “weeds” of false Christianity are collected and destroyed, however, Jesus’ illustration indicates something else that must happen. For centuries the growth of false Christian “weeds” was so extensive that the “wheat” of true Christianity was practically obscured. But Jesus described the wheat being separated from the weeds during the “harvest,” which he said represents “a conclusion of a system of things.” He also said: “At that time the righteous ones will shine as brightly as the sun.” ( Matthew 13:39-43 ) The evidence shows that we have been living in the conclusion of the system of things since World War I, which took place over 90 years ago. ( Matthew 24:3 , 7-12 ) Has this part of Jesus’ prophetic illustration also come true?

True Christians have been separated out from the “weeds” of Christendom. Jehovah’s Witnesses are ‘shining as brightly as the sun,’ helping others to know the true God, Jehovah. The Witnesses do not debase his standards. Rather, people who become Witnesses usually must make extensive changes in their lifestyle to obey the Christian principles found in the Bible.

“Then go to gathering wheat into my storehouse.”
    Matthew 13:30

Jehovah’s Witnesses do not offer entertainment at their meetings, but they do offer free Bible education. They also share warm love and friendship, qualities that they learn from their study of the Scriptures. They believe that God will transform the earth into a paradise and have it inhabited by the meek of the earth, as he originally purposed. But first the world must be cleansed of the negative influence of false religion, known in the Bible as Babylon the Great. According to Bible prophecy, Jehovah will soon bring about that radical change.— Matthew 5:5 ; Revelation 18:9-10 , 21 .

Once obedient mankind have been relieved of the deceptive practices of false religion, true Christian worship will unite all of those living on earth. What a wonderful future for the true Christianity that Jesus planted! Edenic Paradise will be restored to a peaceful earth, with no divisive religions to sow discord again!

You are warmly invited to any Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses,
    where free Bible education is offered

Appeared in Awake! February 2007

Nice to know, eh?

How many errors can you find on that page?

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Would any worldly person reading this even attempt to justify what this says???

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

It wouldn't be too bad except for one little mistake they make. The 'harvest' and the 'conclusion of a system of things' DID NOT start in 1914. They are future events. Schmucks.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "Jehovah’s Witnesses do not offer entertainment at their meetings"

That's for sure!

And there's that word "Edenic". What a stupid word. I prefer making up my own words. "Jehovah's Witnesses look forward to living in a Booberiffic Paradise"

• NanaR
    NanaR

Ozzie:

One thing that the Watchtower consistently misrepresents about the Parable of the Wheat and the Weeds is that Jesus is very clear that the WEEDS are collected first (and cast into fire). Only THEN do the "righteous shine like the sun".

So I guess the Witnesses are out gathering the weeds to be burned up, heh?

Ruth

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Errors? Let's look for the blatant lies. First, they do not debase the Christian standard. That's a blatant lie. They have tampered with the Bible on purpose and bashed the other translations. They protect pedophiles within the ranks and silence the victims so badly that they ended up netting a prime spot on NBC News last fall. They steal and scam people into giving all their money and time to the organization. They tell everyone that they need works for salvation.

The other blatant lie is that they have Bible studies. There are so many blatant lies in Watchtower doctrines that they had to ban people from using independent sources to verify the accuracy of their doctrines. That you need works to be saved is a blatant lie (see Ephesians 2:8 and 9). That Christmas and birthday celebrations are wrong is a blatant lie (see Luke 2:10-14). They lie about banning idolatry, when in fact they order adherents to worship the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger class and the organization. There is nowhere in the Bible that prohibits blood transfusions (I classify blood transfusions as allopathic medicine, not food). There is nothing in the Bible that indicates that Jesus went from door to door with his message (people came to him). Yet they teach those things as if they were scriptural and use scripture snippets to back them up.

• brinjen
    brinjen

The "bible study" is certainly stretching things, so is the "warmth and friendship" (except when you're new of course). The unity thing? Not permitted to question is more accurate...

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Since Nos made my comment, I will only add

but they do offer free Bible education.

and worth every penny! I guess you really do get what you pay for sometimes

~Merry

• loosie
    loosie
    Jehovah’s Witnesses do not offer entertainment at their meetings

lol I guess they aren't counting the hysterical things they say from the platform. They wild stories they tell and claim they are storied backed by the bible.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Where to start?

I will keep it simple. The original version Truth 1.0 had the harvest beginning in 1874 and the conclusion of the system of things in 1914 with all those devil weeds getting burned up then.

I have been participating in such a free "Bible" study for about 18 months. One time, just to see if I could do it, I avoided even picking up a Bible during the study, and only briefly looked at WT life saving literature.

I have learned a lot about the Bible from these studies, since I always look up anything that the WT asserts to see if there is any support for their teaching. This leads to me asking more questions of the study conductor, so he has learned a lot about the Bible as well, such as what Jesus thinks about lawyers and people who harm children.

The WT is correct about murder, fornication and theft are frowned upon in the Bible, but most of the teaching that they boast about themselves being such wonderful distributors of food is nonsensical ramblings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit