Hi, First Post

by AuroraB 36 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Aurora)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME

You are in good hands here Aurora, stick around, you'll make new friends here.

The Arc of Salvation.........................Is listing badly.

NMG

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

nice to hear from you - just keep moving. Put one foot in front of the other. Makes some plans - if you aren't a JW slave, what would you really like to do? What would it take to get there? Get some education. Learn a skill that makes some money. Do you have children? Find all sorts of things to do with your children. If not, maybe volunteer.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Aurorab, Hello. Welcome to the board.

How do you make friends?

Do something. Go to the gym, sooner or later people will talk to you. They will be your gym buddies.

Go take a class. There you will find your school friends.

Play a sport, soft ball, soccer, volley ball, they will be your team mates.

Join E harmony.com there you can find your soul mate.

Works for me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Welcome to JWD Aurorab

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Aurora,

You will LOVE your new life! Hon, the fun is only beginning. I remember saying the exact same thing right before I moved out. "What if no one likes me? What if I make no friends?"

I'm not sure where you're moving and why, but trust me, you'll find friends just as easily as you did when you were a JW, but you can finally be yourself, instead of being constantly worried about being morally judged.

The Good Girl

• inkling
    inkling
    How do you begin to stick your toe into waters that you're still a bit afraid of?

Only a lie needs a paranoid defense.

The honest truth can stand or fall on it's own.

[inkling]

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Hello AB and welcome to our "all you can eat buffet". We've got pizza and beer! Apple pie and ice cream! Sorry, no kool-aid though. Stay awhile and don't be afraid to post often!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Great first post, Aurora!

power trips, the slandering liars, the backstabbing, the isolation, the manipulation, the depression, the lack of true friends

Don'tcha just miss all that?

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Hi, I'm glad you are here. It really helps to see that others have come to the same realization and that you can be free of this restrictive and oppressive lifestyle. I have discovered ( in the last 2-3 months)that the idea of the org being a 'spiritual paradise' is an illusion....created by the WTS. I feel relieved that I wised up. Thankfully, my husband did too. So life begins a new...with you in control and with you having the freedom to think, live and act as you please. All the best..Strawberry cake.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, AuroraB!

~Sue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit