a sister had an affair while married

by looloo 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pseattle2
    pseattle2
    So she was married and had an affair and a lot of people already know in the JW community except her husband who is also in that community? Was she married to the same man she's married to now? Or a different man and now remarried? swife.

That's my question -- The whole congregation knows about it, yet this poor schlub doesn't? I'm awed by his tendency not to keep his ear to the floor.

She should tell HIM, but I'd give that advice to anybody.
  • pseattle2
    pseattle2
    Good question because elders would no doubt have divided loyalties about getting another 'saved' for the new system!

I disagree. Nothing stands in the way of elders bolstering their head count. They'd wear her repentence like the badge of an admiral.

• monophonic
    monophonic

f&^k the congregation, if she's not honest with her fiance she shouldn't marry him and she's quite pathetic if she marries him w/o telling him.

it's about him and her and who gives a crap about the congregation.

i knew of a woman who was df'ed when she married a 'worldly' guy. he became a jw. she cheated on him while she was df'ed and never told him b/c she was reinstated and therefore 'saved' from a borg standpoint.

there's a C-WORD for such women.

borg loopholes have nothing to do with getting out of being honest in a relationship.

now wash to the elbows before eating and strain the gnat while gulping down the camel.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

No way! You mean to tell me that there was an actual affair going on in the house of Jehovah! This must be a first.

• Ancient One
    Ancient One
    looloo:

To clarify, which one are you?

my thought exactly

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Pseatle2

I know where you're comin from but you'd be amazed how this guy likely feels everday there's somethin he should be told and nobody will! Likely he's even pissed more at the 'honest' band of brothers for not telling him as he is at his woman whom he suspects.

His problem is that nobody is allowing him to be himself because he detects (how can it not be sensed in some of the misaligned interactions?) many odd feelings but due to his intent on being true to his God and the Bible is unable to allow himself to walk out based on a hunch (which will likely eventually bring him down somehow) because of all the indoctrination in his head!

His hunch could be wrong right? And she maybe likely be the sort to deny if there's one witness to whatever? So he needs true friends who care, trust and value his heart enough to let him know - even anonymously and very politely the details they are aware of - he is trapped in his situation that he senses is wrong for however many years it takes! May even ruin him coz I can't believe his sixth sense isn't eating him away day by day and he half knows others don't care about him as an individual which is a double whammy!

Sometimes even people you grew up in the same house with know more about your own life than you do and won't tell you for some pisspoor excuse they give themselves and their sense of humour!

Maybe they all follow that book, 'How to NOT help a person get in touch with themselves!' - which is all the more difficult when in a religion doing exactly the same!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    would she not have to tell her husband before she got baptised

But..........she doesn't pledge allegiance to her husband - the WTS only cares about allegiance to them so in essence what's a lie or two between a married couple? I realize I'm being sarcastic here but geez loueeze....who cared what you/she did before marriage - unless you/she are just scared of being found out and confronted after. Let's face it - once you get baptized you belong to the society - can't divorce unless you fornicate - so it's a moot point. One twisted set of rules you/she bought into.....sammieswife.

• looloo
    looloo

sorry all , really did not make that very clear , it was not me (honest) the lady in question had an affair with a relative of her husbands, before she went to meetings , the relative she had th eaffair with was also married to a baptised sister , baptised sister told the elders of her husbands affair aswell as others in the congregation , so when the lady in question started coming to meetings and eventually got baptised i presumed she would have had to tell her jw husband what she had done , is it possible that nobody dare tell him because he has a reputation for being violent ?

• ozziepost

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit