When one JW runs over another!

by Gill 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gill
    Gill

BurgerTime - I think you completely missed my point.

I did not say the lady was run over on purpose and I did point out it was an accident.

The issue here was an remains the only issue, that it was kept very quiet so that even her closest friends from other congs knew nothing....absolutely NOTHING about it! For heavens sake, she was lucky to survive and may yet not do that!

That is all! Nothing else! No grand conspiracy from OZ! Just a caring community might have pointed out that Sister J had been knocked down and injured but instead.....news black out existed.

In the area of the UK we live in, congs tend to announce who is in hospital from other congs, sick, ill blah de blah!

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

Hey your the one vaguely implying some kind of conspiracy. Your correct I completely missed your point, and was correct in the assumption that in my opinion that it was a non issue. Have you talked to this sister that was injured? Maybe SHE was the one who did not want a announcement out of embarrassment. Just a thought.

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

If something like that happened at my church, it would be announced! And we would pray for and visit BOTH parties.

When I was a young, impressionable newly wed (to a non-believer) the elders who told me I should respect hubby's headship also insisted that I drive our car out in service when my hubby had told me not to.

As you can expect, I was following the instructions of the stupid elder and backed into a hole, damaging the car and then of course had to tell my poor hubby I'd been lying by omission.

But it turned out ok. It was just one more thing that helped me to see the hypocrisy and GET OUT!

sacrebleu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit