I'm soo depressed!

by mind my own 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Aw, so sorry mmo. I'm there with you too. We gotta just keep doing our thing: work, friends, husband. Also, it helped me so much to read other people's experiences here, there are sooooo many people who are dealing with the same thing.

Someone already mentioned the grieving process, it might help you to brush up on that; IT IS like they've died, you will come to accept that nothing will undo this, making it like death, that's how snug the mind control is. I had to accept that they're gone, but like many grieving survivors, we write to them now and again to convey our feelings, these letters are not read because the recipient is gone, obv not a physical death but it might as well be!

Take the time when you can to read as many posts here on this. I just posted in the last week a letter I wrote to my parents after not communicating in well over a year, it's hard. But the support you get here is priceless, personally saved me from from feeling totally shitty.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I don't have any words of advice, but here's a ((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Find a nice man, fall in love, get married, have some beautiful children, and fill your universe with love and joy, and forget about your 'blood' family who have been quick to forget about you. Don't introvert and look back....focus your energies outwards, towards other human beings who need your compassion and kindness and love. You will very quickly forget your mean-hearted, phoney-Christian relatives.

• golf2
    golf2

Since my wife's passing, I've been dating this intelligent women, she speaks six languages and we have many things in common. Being Labanese, her friends have gradually shunned her, and she now realizes that only her family and our togetherness is the most important thing.

I realize it's family ties with you, but hey, it's you and your husband that matters. As you said, you'll get over it. Allow time to do it's work. All the best.

Golf

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Do you know any other DF people? Talk to them and find out if their families talk to them. This rule isn't always enforced. My dad is an elder, and he talks to my DF sister all the time. All of her DF friends have totally normal relations with their families. If you can find other DF families talking to the DF ones, then maybe show this example to your family and ask why they are going the extra mile.

• Maddie
    Maddie

It is truly evil and many here have experienced it. We just have to cope the best way we can by trying to make a life outside the borg. Get as much support as you can - here and maybe counselling too. I send you (((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))

Maddie

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

First of all, for God's sake, move to B.C. It's tooooo cold there! Actually not a bad idea. Get away from all the bad associations. Besides all that it's sunny and plus 15 on the beach in Vancouver-at least in my mind it is.

Seriously- I had to get away from my immediate family and start my own. My parents were messed up for a different reason, but I live a normal life now and many members are now long gone. I love my life and enjoy the company of long term friends. I have no idea what causes people to put Jehovah real estate corp ahead of flesh and blood, but it's mostly fear of death. You need to forgive and forget. Move on.

No idea your age, but if you are less than 30, you have plenty of time to get it together. Don't be analyzing what you did wrong, 'cause there's no wrong doing on your behalf. Ponder the future, screw the past.

I have an associate that is a witness, and I have long since given up on being friends. He is totally a misfit. A drone. I never call him for friendship. I have shunned him for months, because he started to upset me when I discovered all the lies, and bs that goes with them.

Anyway, don't fuss, there are plenty of "normies" out there waiting for an opportunity to say hello.

Funny thing is that I thought all Witnesses moved out of the province because it's too cold to go door knocking! Imagine a chinook wind in the winter up your skirt. Bill.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging words. I do feel a bit better today. It is so nice to have all you guys to talk to b/c we truly understand each other. That is a nice feeling. I know it does get better with time, but every once in a while I have one (or two) of those days. You all know what I'm talking about.

Bill, your comment about a winter chill up my skirt made me laugh out loud!

Hugs to all of you who made my day!! I'm going to go think about all the positive things in my life. I have a lot to be greatful for!

MMO

• free2think
    free2think

Mind My Own I dont really have any advice, but i wanted to say i know that feeling and im sorry you are feeling down.

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

• free2think
    free2think

oops double post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit