Was your decision to leave the jw's based upon worldly friends/influences?

by chicken 21 Replies latest jw friends

• chicken
    chicken

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum :) I'm a worldly girl and got a friend who is a jw so im quite interested to hear from all of you :) Also how did you're worldly friends compare to your jw friends. Thanx in advance x

• minimus
    minimus

I left because "it" wasn't the "Truth". Nobody influenced me but facts did.

My "worldly" friends are cool.

WELCOME to the site!!!

• chicken
    chicken

Thank you :) What kind of doubts did you have and what facts made you realise that The Truth isn't the real truth?

• rekless
    rekless

we were not allowed to have worldly friends.

I left when I found out it was nothing but a greedy real estate conglomorate.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Welcome!!! I had been living in both worlds for a long time. My "worldy" were not judgemental and their friendships weren't conditional on me following rules. But they didn't influence me at all. Neither did my husband, who had left JWland yrs ago.

I got sick of the endless control and endless lists of rules. I read the Bible and realized the truth wasn't the truth.

momzcrazy

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

It was based more on personal choice. Most of my friends weren't that theocratic though.

• llbh
    llbh

Totally agree with momz on this one.

I found and find worldly people nicer and let me be myself without stopping me have an inquiring mind

If you want see how controlling they can be look at how they treat disfellowshipped an and disassociated people here

BTW welcome Chicken

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I did have worldly friends and associates, but honestly they had very little affect on my decision to formally leave. it was really just a process I had to go through, and it was very internal.

Seeing hte unconditional friendship offered by worldly friends was appealing, but I'm not sure it was really a factor.

• minimus
    minimus

I wasn't doubting as much recognizing (which can be a slow process) that the facts do not support the belief that Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones who possess "truth". The entire history of the WT. is one inconsistency over another. No prophetic dates have proven to be true. Their scriptural views are flawed and if one questions it, they are labeled as "apostate". JWs are a CULT!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I guess in a way yes, when I was in High School, I didn't really have too many JW friends but had some worldly friends, two friends that I can think of, well their family always seemed so nice and happy, and relaxed no pressure, they celebrated holidays had family and friends over, no talk about Armageddon, or forced to be molded into what other people wanted. I guess the one person who I owe my sanity to is my friend Kats Mom she was the coolest person in the world and showed love to all of us kids like if we were her own, no matter what, that kind of unconditional love and support was something I never experianced with in the wall of the kingdumb hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit