Is the Watchtower Society getting it's message across to the membership?

by isnrblog 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• isnrblog
    isnrblog

I don't think everyone in the Organization is clear on the new understanding of the 1914 generation.
    I asked four Witnesses about this and how they now understood the 1914 generation and none of them were aware of the new understanding!

As a Disfellowshipped Apostate, many Witnesses still talk to me on me regular basis and a lot are "loosing their religion".

For clarification the "Old understanding":

Wt 2/15/69 page 101

"However, there are people still living who were alive in 1914 and saw what was happening then and who were old enough that they still remember those events. This generation is getting up in years now. A great number of them have already passed away in death. Yet Jesus very pointedly said: “This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.” Some of them will still be alive to see the end of this wicked system. This means that only a short time is left before the end comes! (Ps. 90:10) So now is the time to take urgent action if you do not want to be swept away with this wicked system."
    31 seconds ago - 3 days left to answer.
    Additional Details
    0 seconds ago

"New Understanding"

Wt 11/1/95 pg 19

12 Therefore, in the final fulfillment of Jesus’ prophecy today, “this generation” apparently refers to the peoples of earth who see the sign of Christ’s presence but fail to mend their ways. In contrast, we as Jesus’ disciples refuse to be molded by the life-style of “this generation.” Though in the world, we must be no part of it, “for the

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They have been changing that message so many times that it is only going to confuse people. To me, the "generation" should have meant those who were born in or around 1914, and they should have stuck with that interpretation. Switching the interpretation only confuses people: people can pass characteristics down generations, and there is always going to be a Governing Body (and, with the 1935 cutoff gone, an anointed class) as long as there is a Watchtower Society.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Many JW's don't understand the 1995 change. It also demands no urgency.

For reasons such as the above, they introduce the 2008 change. It is easier
    to understand and they can show a reduction in the generation, as they used to
    have with the pre-1995 change.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The message has always been the same...."Stay Stupid..Do as your told..Your not doing enough"...............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think most JW's have a fuzzy idea about the change, but many of them have no idea why the change is being made.

The WTS has decoupled "1914" from the generation teaching. After a while, most JW's will not know that there ever was a "1914 generation" teaching (just as most now in there don't know about the 1975 debacle). Most JW's will have heard about 1914 and also about the 'generation' idea, will think that they have no relationship to each other, and think it's no big deal.

The dumbing-down continues.

• 5go
    5go

Main thing I want to see is them return to the hardline no blood stance that will cause the exodus.

• Hermano
    Hermano

Unfortunatly, these type of changes really don't matter to average JW. All that matters is, its Jehovah's Organization and the only channel for salvation. If they were wrong about a doctrine and "correct" it with new light it is proof of Jehovah's blessing. I got a feeling the Borg leaders like their members to be dazed and not really all that studious (even of their publications). It's much easier to get compliance from someone who will just agree with whatever you say cause you're in charge, than from someone who says I don't buy it, show me the proof.

From the leadership perspective the only message they need to get across is we are the FDS, we are in charge, so follow what we say.

• sspo
    sspo

As it was already said most of JW's know very little about the changes that have occurred thru decades and they could care less

about the doctrines. Their main beleif " we have the truth and everyone else is wrong".

Sad to say that most cannot prove from the bible their doctrines.

I've been at doors with elders that were raised in the religion and they could not defend with a single scripture the trinity or hell.

Very few witnsses are bible students............ you take away the society publications and most are lost.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING
    Their main beleif " we have the truth and everyone else is wrong".

Truer words were never spoken.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit