Wish me luck

by Abandoned 34 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

HEYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congradulations!!! I'm sure you will love your new job!!!

Be sure to let us know how it goes!!!

• dinah
    dinah

Congratulations, Abandoned!!

You'll do GREAT!

• Maddie
    Maddie

lots of luck and best wishes coming to you today

Maddie

• changeling
    changeling

You don't need luck, you've got all it takes to be a great success right inside of you, of this I'm sure!

changeling

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Update: The tech who was going to train me had to stay home with a sick daughter today so my first day will be tomorrow instead. So now I'm all dressed up in my new clothes and I have no where to go. I guess I'll grab Goblet of Fire and find me a nice cozy coffee shop.

Thank you Hill, my set of pens and calculators appreciates your blessing.

I appreciate the help Princess XOCO.

Thanks for sending the positive vibes NJ.

So far so good, cognac. I talked a little bit with the lead tech and he told me what he expected of me. They want someone who's good at computers and people. The two together are my specialty so I think it's going to go well.

You're awesome Dinah, thanks for the kind words.

I appreciate the luck and well wishes Maddie.

That was a wonderful thing to say changeling.

• changeling
    changeling
    They want someone who's good at computers and people. The two together are my specialty so I think it's going to go well.

I must say that is a varied and rare set of skills. In my experience computer geeks are not people persons. Your being both is very unusual and your company should recognize that and reward your for it.

changeling

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    I must say that is a varied and rare set of skills. In my experience computer geeks are not people persons. Your being both is very unusual and your company should recognize that and reward your for it.

The tech lead told me that's the main reason they hired me. They need people they can send to the customer's house who can engage them and make them feel comfortable.

I get along with people very well in most situations and I have a natural affinity for computers so I'm confident I can excel in this job.

The only downside is that it's going to be part-time until they they've tested me out. I'm hoping that doesn't take too long.

• dinah
    dinah

That's great Abandoned! You would be a natural at making people feel at ease, joking around a little while fixing their tech problems. A techie with personality is pretty rare. Or maybe tech people just are over my head? LOL.

Your natural talents are finally paying off.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

That's great Abandoned! You would be a natural at making people feel at ease, joking around a little while fixing their tech problems. A techie with personality is pretty rare. Or maybe tech people just are over my head? LOL.

Your natural talents are finally paying off.

Thanks Dinah, I appreciate those words.

• Tara
    Tara

Good. I'm glad I'm not too late to wish you good luck on your new job. Good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit