2008;END OF WORLD?

by badboy 41 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Sure why not...Been nice knowin' ya'll.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

IF THE END COMES IT WILL SURELY BE DUE TO THE PLETHORA OF MUNDANE THREADS LIKE THIS OVERWHELMING US ALL AND DROWNING OUR WORLD IN BITTERSWEET MALAISE.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Do you mean the end of the human species, the end of the planet Earth, the end of the Milky Way galaxy, or the end of the entire known universe?

The first one is pretty unlikely. Sure we could have a nuclear holocaust, but there would be plenty of survivors. Not to mention the people on the space stations, they'd be able to hold out at least until 2009. So the species wouldn't be totally extint THIS year.

The second is extremely unlikely. I mean unless the sun instantly goes supernova for no currently known reason, I can't think of any other things that could destroy the planet any time soon.

The third is nigh impossible, it would take a lot longer than a year for ANYTHING to get from one side of the galaxy to the next, let alone something that also destroys everything in its path..

And the last is just absurd. I can't even conceive of something that would 'destroy' the universe... it would still exist in some form or another, so it wouldn't be the end.

• badboy
    badboy

I MEAN WHAT ONE OF THE ADS ON HIS WEBSITE SAYS.

SOME BREAKAWAY OF THE WCG,METHINKS

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I am actually skimming through a book '2008 - God's Final Witness' by a bloke called Ronald Weinland.

He reckons the beginning of the end is this year brought about by the demise of the USA.

Well, the book was free and they had to pay shipping accross the big pond!

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Even if it does, just what can mere mortals do about it? Be afraid, be very afraid.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Actually the current JW speculation states 2009 - in the spring. It's based on an idea that Armageddon would come 33.5 years (the length of Jesus life) after 1975 (you would think they would let that lie already ). I heard this from a bethel source, it came from someone who had been to Gilead and this was mentioned in one of the lessons.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Actually the current JW speculation states 2009 - in the spring. It's based on an idea that Armageddon would come 33.5 years (the length of Jesus life) after 1975 (you would think they would let that lie already ). I heard this from a bethel source, it came from someone who had been to Gilead and this was mentioned in one of the lessons.

Hm, sure. The Society got burned pretty good on 1975 - they'd all drop dead before they set a new date, or got anymore specific than "soon now, very, very soon."

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

You would think they would stay away from date setting but I swear I was told this recently by someone who was told directly by the Gilead graduate. When he mentioned 1975 it was all I could do to keep my face straight. Clever if you think about it, nothing in the literature, just word of mouth so it's easily denied but maybe enough to whip up the r&f?

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

According to several nutjobs each with their own following, the world would end last year.

As far as I can gather, we're still here.

-But of course, the scoffing scoffers who scoff (like me) will surely feel the mighty wrath of... whatever... this year.

Looking forward to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit