I just stumped our PO!!!

by The Last Nephilim 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa
    Lady Liberty: Only in the few places that actually was quoting a scripture from the Hebrew scriptures, did the Greek scriptures originally contain God's name. Evey other place you see Gods name in the Greek scriptures, it has been added by the Society!!

Lady, and Last Nephilim below, I too was suprised to learn about how "Jehovah" arrived in our NWT in 1950. And in that NWT, and every other one since then with an appendix, it is explained that "we have restored the divine name when quoting from the Hebrew Scriptures." I did not really like this positon, but was willing to give the Slave the benefit of the doubt that MAYBE Jesus and the Apostles would have said Jehovah when quoting it, but that is a huge maybe. My research on this has turned up Jewish evidence that in Jesus day, the name was so sacred that ONLY the High Priest used the word, and only once year in the Most Holy. I sent the info to WT.

Interesting also is that there is really no precident apart from the farcical "J" versions cited by WT for the need to "guess" where it may have been spoken when quoting. Notice no other Bibles do this?!?

But I was quite devastated when I finally realized that the REAL teachings on this translations are not actually taught. You may find it interesting to note that in the Insight book under the "Jehovah" heading, we are told that there are no existing ancient manuscripts IN THE ENTIRE WORLD....and of course here you will also find as in Apx. 1-D that lo and behold...God decided NOT to Divinely protect his Word after all.....seems like Satans "so-called Christians" (apostates) took name out, everwhere it must have been used.....

And now the Big problem that pushed me over the edge......It is not just "restored" when quoting...as indicated.....There are dozens of places where there is absolutely no QUOTE! Especially the entire book of Revelation! Not a single quote! How had I never noticed the lack of good ol quotation marks!!!! Jude is the one page wonder....take a look, three uses of Jehovah and twice it is a quote (quotation marks), but one is just a "We Slaves put it here, because We wanted it here!" And yes I alway thought Rev. 22: 17,18 was a good idea......................oompa

Last Nephilim:

Liberty- thanks for the heads up. I did actually know that the Greek scriptures never contained the name "Jehovah" but I also thought it compelling that the times when 1st century bible writers quoted OT scripture that originally contained the name, they left it out. This is the reason the WTS puts it in there. They say that if it appeared in the original OT verse, then it should appear in the Greek quotations as well. Also, in the appendix of the KIT, on page 1133, they give more "proof" that the Hebrew Tetragrammaton appeared in early copies of the Septuagint, thereby proving that the divine name belongs in the GNT. I say that it's mighty fishy that Jesus, when praying, never says "Jehovah", even in the "model" prayer. Hmm...

I have compiled six pages of research info on this topic if anyone wants it. I forgot to include that I believe it impossible to restore something without any evidence it has ever existed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit