March 15th 2008 Watchtower Study Edition pdf here

by fokyc 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fokyc
    fokyc

There seems to be some mis-understanding as to why I posted this and the previous Study Watchtowers

Many members of JWD and others have asked for it, they prefer to see the actual magazine,

if it is no longer required I will stop posting the scans, I do have other things in my life to do!

fokyc

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Please continue to post these!!! I'd much rather read the magazine than have to listen to it!! Your work is much appreciated!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Fokyc,

I too would rather have the printed edition over the audio edition.

It is so much easier to digest in the printed format. When listening to the audio version, when you hear something that makes you think, "No, I can't believe they said that", you have to rewind it etc... wherease the printed format provides a lasting record of their duality for the future.

How many exiting JWs are going to be prepared to listen to several audio CDs and being told to compare the phrase 12mins30seconds of disc 1 to the phrase at 15mins22seconds on disc 2 etc etc ?

It is so much easier to highlight changes with scans.

Please continue to post these.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Many thanks for the support, I will continue to post,

Perhaps the Members only section would be better?

fokyc

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I found this tidbit. Can anyone who is familiar with history [the accurate kind] verify this statement?

2:1, 2-How does the reference to "this

first registration" help determine the time

of Jesus' birth? Under Caesar Augustus,

more than one registration took place-the

first in 2 B.C.E. in fulfillment of Daniel 11:20

and the second in 6 or 7 C.E. (Acts 5:37) Quirinius

served as governor of Syria during

both of these registrations, evidentlyoccupying

that position twice. Luke's reference to

the first registration places the date of Jesus'

birth in 2 B.C.E.

[From Page 30]

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I apologize for the large font - I could not adjust it when I cut and pasted.

Jeff

• fokyc
    fokyc

Jeff,

Well covered here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census_of_Quirinius

but I think they will always argue about the accuracy of things in that era!

fokyc

PS I have the mag to refer to, despite the font size!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I hadn't read the entire thread - but please fokyc, continue to do this - they are extremely valuable to have in this format.

Thank you.

Jeff

• chickpea
    chickpea

absolutely your efforts are deeply appreciated!! i dont have the first notion how you guys do what you do, but i thank you for all your time and effort

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are trying to tell me that the wife has no authority of her own body? ! Note that, within the study article, they say that the husband has that authority. I wonder what happens when a wife in the Tower has an unbelieving husband who insists on doing oral sex. And that leaves room for physical abuse of the wife by an abusive husband.

It is true that the woman submits totally to the man. However, that does not grant the man the license to do something harmful to the wife. I have never once seen in one of those articles that the man shall not initiate the use of force, threat of force, coercion, or fraud against the wife. (Or the children.) Basically, this is going to mean even worse abuse of women within the Watchtower Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit