The Suicide of Jason R: a rational battlecry

by inkling 69 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I am not sure how helpful this may or may not be, but I was thinking about checking on Silent Lambs, also what about the CD by Barbara Anderson?

And then one other place I was wondering about isn't there a website for gay exjws, perhaps some information my come from that or the other sources.

Like I said it is just an idea.

Orangefatcat

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Dawg,

You missed both my points. Let me try again.

hillary, Your "true believer" statement doesn't apply... this isn't going to turn out to be my life-this thread isn't my religion.

What I noted is that you are applying a principle that we see on this Board often used by religionists, that is believing something to be true for which no falsifiable evidence has been presented. Not the most rational position to take in any issue.

ANd it was you that said somehtng about a lynch mob... that's not what any of us are doing-so, who's being lynched?...

Dan Sydlik is dead and not in a position to defend himself from these accusations. However he has been accused of having committed two of the most henious crimes possible; that of abusing a child and that of causing the survivor to commit suicide. Not ONE shred of actual evidence has been presented to support these accusations. THIS is why I refer to some comments on this thread as being those of a 'lynch-mob".

I hope that this has clarified the matter for you.

HS

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, dawg, you are entitled to your beliefs. But as has been patiently explained to you, they are irrational. Step around the puddle, refuse to walk under the ladder, throw spilt salt over your left shoulder. It's all good, and it's your life.

Do please use caution, however, before you spread unsubstantiated rumor.

• blondie
    blondie

Was there an autopsy? How do they know what he died from...who made the diagnosis?

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

How do we know that this isn't Watchtower dis-information, planted here to discredit this site in the eyes of JW lurkers? Could the dis-information also have a dual purpose by reactionary GB members? From what I've read in Ray Franz's book Dan Sydlik was one of the liberal members of the GB. Maybe the Watchtower monitors are laughing their heads off at how the "apostates" are wasting their time and resources debating this issue.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

It's probably just urban legend. More then likely it will have it's own place on Snoops.com

• dawg
    dawg

OK Jgnat, you call me irrational while breaking all the rules of logic... first off your argument is a classic "straw man", you made up silly things no one believes and then attribute them to an imaginary me, since I don't believe in any of the things you mentioned, I can't imagine why you'd bring those subjects up as if they're something I believe.

Your argument is also a "false alternative fallacy", comparing unlike things... I have evidence, which I've mentioned; to remind you "paitently" as you say it, I have friends that were at Bethel who have mentioned some of the GB were gay, I've seen where the GB covers things up and lies... Not too far a strech to think that this story may have some validity. the crazy things you were comparing my argument to have no evidence to support them... I have evidence, from books I've read, and from people who've been there that there were at least two GB members that were gay... YOu caompared two unlike things and then attributed your imaginary argument to me....Now, who's illogical?

Lastly, I agree with much of what all of you've said, perticualry Hillery Step, but, I fail to see the anger directed at anyone that makes the completely logical conclusion that a story such as this could be true... and even privately believes it. I do believe it, but I'll take Hillary's advice and not use it as fodder. But comparing wacked out dogmas to something I think has ample evidence enough for me to believe is ludicrious. Simple fact is, I know that there's some truth to the fact that there were GB members who were gay, and even removed from Bethel for this action... why didn't you know about it? Becasue they covered it up that's freaking why? And you find it hard to beleive that this young man's death was covered up so an GB member wouldn't be exposed... good, believe what you want...but before you talk to someone like they're a child, better make sure you don't committ any logical fallacies first.

ANy ex-Bethelites want to chime in on the alleged gayness of Chitty and Greenlees, and why it was covered up?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I am curiuos to know if the RAVYN spoken of in this thread is the lady who stopped posting because her very distressing account of her abuse as a little girl was deleted by moderators as too explicit.

This could be either Ravyn Giuliani?? or Lee Ravyn - who when she left in 2003 said we could contact her at [email protected] I have not emailed her, and this link might be inactive now.

I remember reading how she lost her temper with a dub who knocked on her door, and spilled the beans on how she had been asked to perjure herself in connection with a suicide at Beth Hell.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Burger time- you are wrong if you think the Society would direct anybody to contact the parents first, whether suicide, rape or murder.

The first thing to do is CONTACT LEGAL. They then tell you what to do.

HB

• inkling
    inkling
    Even if they settled there would still be papers filed, along with some type of factual evidence that the family at least existed. I know I heard of jumpers at Bethel which I believe. I just have a hard time believing this story because of lack of any tangible evidence. It's just "I have a letter from the family". To my knowledge there isn't even a scan of the letter (could be wrong too lazy to do a search).

At this point the ONLY hard evidence is that a young man named Jason Royer did die at the right time at the right age.
    That doesn't necessarily mean anything however.

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit