Now that you are OUT instead of REACHING OUT

by Honesty 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

How does it really feel to be free from the Watchtower's chains of bondage?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

L I F E IS B E A U T I F U L

• Gringa
    Gringa

Yes, life is beautiful. And Life has never been so guilt free -

Leaving the WTS was the best thing I have ever done in my whole fricking life!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

I even see the beauty in this world not just the evilness. And trust me, there is a lot of beauty.

• zeroday
    zeroday

28 years IN 3 years OUT and still I am shackled to a life I never had...It was my life and now I truely do not know how to start over I feel as if I were dropped into a world I never knew never experienced and do not know how to interact with it. My damage is complete and I do not believe I will enter the realm of the normal...

• Gringa
    Gringa

Wow, zero - I hear ya - I have no real words of advice except what worked for me - I just jumped into the "world" feet first. It was odd and strange at first, but I quickly found out that most people are pretty much the same as you and I except they don't think the world is ending any minute now. That is the only real difference.......

• JK666
    JK666

It is like the truck that was parked on my chest drove away.

JK

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Hey Zero, you sound like me a few years ago. I didn't even know about this place. But it does get better. You might need some therapy but one thing I've learned in life is that EVERYTHING has a positive side to it. I truly believe it.

Let me give you an example in my own life. This past weekend started out pretty good for me but then took a drastic turn for the worse. I take full responsibility for the over-reaction that caused it to turn out so horrible, but by the time Sunday night rolled around, I had decided on a plan to kill myself. Melodramatic? Possibly, I've been guilty of that in the past. All I can go by is the feeling of complete despair I felt as I lay down in my bed.

I woke up Monday morning, New Year's Eve feeling even worse. I was supposed to be on my way with friends to Niagara Falls, but instead I had no energy and couldn't even cry. I was knocked on my butt. But, I got up and got on the computer and a friend of mine from myspace, who I've performed with at the comedy club wanted to know about my latest blog. It was a very depressing description of what my state of mine was like Saturday night.

I answered her and she realized that I wasn't doing good and invited me out for coffee. We talked for a long time and she asked me if I had considered suicide. I hemmed and hawed and eventually answered her question and then she asked me if I had a plan. I again told her I had and she made me agree to go to the local mental health clinic. She followed me.

Her concern, however, was what made me start to feel better. Later on that afternoon, she called me up to tell me she was having a New Year's Eve party at her house and that some of her musician friends were going to be there and would I like to come as well. My first thought was not to impose on her, but I decided to go ahead. Anyway, I had a marvelous time and met some wonderful people. Two of them were even in a cult before and we're going to be meeting for lunch soon to compare notes.

Anyway, even when we do something stupid and mess things up, there's still something positive to be found. You just have to keep looking for it. If you do that, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

• rache31
    rache31

I'm becoming more confident in myself everyday! Do you know I actually like myself? I didn't before and no wonder I kept thinking I wasn't good enough...

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Let the truth be known, if you consider all the crap that jw's have gotten df'd for, jw's are no better than "wordly people". I don't miss my jw friends for a minute. Most of them were phony with the exception of a couple that are trapped and don't know it yet. The saying is true, "the world has so much to offer". So, hey! take advantage of it to the full. I no longer feel the guilt that was imposed on me, hence my monicker((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((NOMOREGUILT))))))))))))))))))))))))))) GET IT??

NMG

• chickpea
    chickpea

somehow i just dont miss getting up on a saturday morning, and instead of having a sense of peace, feeling the dread of the ritual of waking 4 recalcitrant kids and moving the whole morning along to a monumental waste of time.... they hated it... *I* hated it and more than once i asked myself what was gained by having everyone p*ssed off, at each other, at the world.... what was gained after 2 hours of schlepping around with a canned presentation that more than likely ticked off the people whose saturday mornings were less insane?

guess that is where the cognitive dissonance kicked in..... thank god for system override!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit