Honestly, Did You "Care" So Much About The "Friends"?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

I hated the term "friends". In reality it was forced relationships because you were in the same religion and allowed no outside contacts of your own choosing. Kind of like on a job. You learn to get along but in reality, you would never really socialize with these people if you had a choice.

To me, most of it was fake and explains why the so called "friends" can easily dump your a$$ the minute you fall out of line. The only real friend I had from the JW's committed suicide about 15 years ago.

r.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    To me, most of it was fake and explains why the so called "friends" can easily dump your a$$ the minute you fall out of line.

I agree...I have always hated and will always hate the fake friends and acting in a fake manner just because I was told I had to...not anymore.

• mentalclearness
    mentalclearness

I was never friends with the most obvious cliques. My husband wasn't an elder or ms and I wasn't a pioneer so I mostly was friends with the down and trodden....I know they miss me because my mom tells me that they always ask about me. I know the teenage girls also ask about me and they visit me as well once in a while.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I was pretty much a "loner" ... stayed to myself. There were a few people I tried to make friends with, but never felt really accepted. Sometimes I'd even stand all the expense to invite them over for refreshments ... then one day I overheard one of the invitees labeling me as materialistic. I never held another gathering again.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Yup, I did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit