disassociation letter

by megaflower 8 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

I have not written one yet and have looked into the reasons if I should. This applies to anyone who was batized in 1985 or later. The society made changes to the questions at baptism that year. The change was when you stood to ansewer yes they asked,Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witness in association with Gods spirit-directed organization.

They changed the question to give them the legal right to have total control over you. If you ever wish to leave the law of The united states will back them in that they can force you into a judical hearing or you must write a letter of disassociation. Thsi case was argued in the supreme court State ex rel.morrow v hill,364 n.f.2d 1156 (ohio 1977) and watsop v jones,80 u.s. 679,729

The courts said you forfeited any legal right and you come under the law of the association.

This makes me sick. Some of us want to walk away quietly but if they do not want to let you do that then you have to make a choice, disfellowship or disassociate.

Have any of you been put into the position of having to make this choice?

• JK666
    JK666

No, I never had that happen as I was disfellowshipped, and baptized earlier than 1985.

I just wanted to welcome you to JWD!

JK

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If you ever wish to leave the law of The united states will back them in that they can force you into a judical hearing or you must write a letter of disassociation.

No. They can disfellowship you in absentia, but that's all they can do. They cannot physically force you to attend a judicial hearing, neither can they force you to write a letter of any kind.

W

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Send them a letter threatening to sue them if they dissfellowship you. It's worked for a few here at JWD. That's one thing the Society doesn't want to deal with.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here are a couple of threads talking about the POSSIBILITY of suing the local elders (not the WTS) for defamation. Even the threat of such a suit against the body of elders has stopped a few of them from reading a name as "no longer one of JW's" at their Service Meeting.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/63122/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/33365/1.ashx

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was baptized in 1984, so the second question doesn't apply to me anyway. I DA'd in 2003, but not at their request. Rather, my letter warned them to get out of my life, stop harassing me, and warned of legal consequences is they continued to harass me or trespass on my property.

I'd be interested to see official transcripts of any court cases that said someone must either DA or attend a watchtower kangaroo court, particularly if the person was a minor when baptized.

W

• Honesty
    Honesty

Wanna disassociate but with the way the 'announcemebt' is worded don't want your JW friends and family think you were messing around with a worldy person?

Go to a meeting, raise your hand and include in your comment why you are leaving the JW's.

Several elders have done this in the past month with amazing results in their congregations.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Make them nervous-very nervous-fire up your video camera and watch them sweat.

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Honesty

Really?? Very interesting. Do you have any links to relevant stories in this forum?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit