Are Seventh-Day Adventists a better Church to belong to than being a JW

by jwfacts 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I wonder if SDA's turn gay if they masturbate like JW's do?

Rub a Dub

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

If this chart doesn't tickle your fancy, might I suggest this one in its stead? ...

or maybe this one suits your needs...

it's all delusional BS...

• steve2
    steve2

How to convince gullible "truth"-seekers you are knowledgeable and have divinely significant information to share:

• Use detailed graphs and flowcharts and bolster your smooth commentary with confident interpretive statements derived from ambiguously symbolic ancient writings.

It works everytime!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My grandson is SDA. I don't know that much about them, but they don't seem as wacky as the JWs. He went to an SDA school all 12, they seem to have done well by him. Still I was sort of glad his plans to go to an SDA college fell through, it was way too expensive. Instead he is going into the air force.

• steve2
    steve2

Anyone who wants "inside" information on the "nice" SDA church is referred to the expose book par excellence, "The White Lie". I forget who authored it - a minister of the chruch who was defrocked I think and it was written around the mid 1980s - coincidentally about the time Ray Franz's book "Crisis of Conscience" created a few waves in the JW pond.

Just as people who do not much about JWs are inclined to view them as "lovely", so too those who do not know much about the SDAs can have a view of them as benign. Sure, the SDAs are not as overtly harsh and judgemental as JWs, but the "ruling system" within the SDA is fiercely protective of its doctrinal purity control and interpretation.

"The White Lie" is to the SDAs what "Crisis of Conscience" is to the JWs: An incredibly faith-disturbing but necessary read.

• designs
    designs

SDAs certainly push education unlike our former religion. I have many family members who are SDA, some like it others do not.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, saying they are not as bad as the JWs is not really a recommendation, it's a pretty low bar to set.

I was a bit worried about my grandson, for a while he was looking at a theology degree. His long term goal was to have his own non denominational church someday, so it indicated to me he was not totally determined to be SDA, but still four years of college, then an advanced degree that's a lot of indictrination. Neither of his parents are practicing SDA, he was influenced by his other grandma. I am hoping the Air Force will give him exposure to people with other viewpoints. My daughter wonders where she went wrong, lol.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I joined the SDA years ago but walked away for the same reasons. Ellen White is no prophet just made up by a group of men.

Crazy writings EllenWhite Estate is on line.

Also many do not know they believe Jesus was Michael it in their book. Ekks! And they believe Jesus is Jehovah.

On a positive note, they are very nice and do more for their children. Nice group of people.

When I left over disagreement of doctrine they called and wanted me to come back any time! JW never treated me as nice.

• barry
    barry

Just to update about the church. The SDAs now have female ministers and is going well.

Recently the SDAs held a summit on sexuality in Cape Town in South Africa. 350 SDA church leaders attended including pastors academics and human services experts.

As a result there is a proposed guidelines to deny membership to its practicing LGBT members. However within the denomination decisions about church membership are made by the local congregation so it will be interestinghow this works out.

The LGBT community has hit back with a video.

www.wearesdas.com

• barry
    barry

My family and I are now Anglican but I still like to read spectrum magazine to keep updated on how the church SDA is progressing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit