How to Slow Down Now (Please Read Slowly)

by AK - Jeff 13 Replies latest social physical

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome to the forum, Strawberry Cake.

You do seem to have been 'on fire with the spirit' as a JW. Tell us, if you will, something about yourself, how you got out, fader or quitter, etc.

Jeff

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Just in the recent 2 months I have lost confidence in the WTS. I was a reg Pioneer. I have children and am married. It all started to collapse when we received the new WT for next year. The new 'light' on the generation/anointed got me thinking..Actually I had been wondering what would be the societies next move, as the annointed on earth were dieing off. So as soon as I read this I knew it was a cover up. I then,phoned an elder friend.. He was unable to get my point( of course he couldn't agree openly!)This led to me having some visits from other elders,we laid out out doubts ) Since I could not get anyone to understand I looked to other sources for feedback and opinions on the changes.(eg Great books..and websites.) Well that was it..I am now an informed person. I now know the truth about the org. That they are NOT Jehovahs channel and have never been. I have untangle myself from all responsibilities in the org ie pioneeing, cancelled studies, arrangements..also I have stopped attending some meetings..(The Revelation book is a joke!!) For the sake of my children I am fading...but I feel like running!! The forums are helping me a lot. I don't feel isolated..I feel confident and understood. My husband and children are being helped by the info and advice that I glean from the boards. I'm expecting some dark days.. but today I feel Great!!!

• freetosee
    freetosee

Welcome Strawberry Cake, I am happy for you and it is always good to hear that thinking jws are seeing what the wts is really about. Time now belongs to you and your family.

The internet is great isnt it! I whish I had it when I left about 12 years ago. But having more time away from the organisation is the best medicine. That why the society always pushes for meeting attendance and warns about the evil internet. All the best to you and your family. You are not alone!

freetosee

• Quandry
    Quandry

Jeff-

I was going over some of the posts I missed-see I am already sloooooow.

I think this is a good topic. I have slowed down now after frantically going to meetings, etc. Now I wonder where more than thirty years went. I was on a whirling treadmill. In my case I was slung off, some others have jumped off.

The important thing is that WE ARE OFF and have time to live, reflect, smell the roses, enjoy just hanging out with our children or spouse or friends.

Much better........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit