are they saying jesus came back now or not......

by grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95 17 Replies latest jw friends

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

i want to know if they have changed thier stance on weather jesus came back "invisibly" in 1914......?

are they sticking to this or slowley distancing themselves from it................. for all you KM insiders [please expand]

• changeling
    changeling

They are sticking to the 1914 teaching like glue.

• kwr
    kwr

There is a guy that walks around telling everyone in our town that he is Jesus, so I guess he is back. ;-)

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

Dude, where did you get the idea they were ever moving away from this? They have made some changes recently about what the 'generation' is and they've abandoned the 1935 cut-off for new anointed ones, that's all. That's the best the Writing Department can come up in the last 10 years bwahaha. Nothing else has changed.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Proclaimers chap. 10 p. 137
    Growing in Accurate Knowledge of the Truth
    As the events following 1914 began to unfold and the Bible Students compared these with what the Master had foretold, they gradually came to appreciate that they were living in the last days of the old system and that they had been since 1914. They also came to understand that it was in the year 1914 that Christ's invisible presence had begun and that this was, not by his personally returning (even invisibly) to the vicinity of the earth, but by his directing his attention toward the earth as ruling King.

Note: (even invisibly) is in the original text.

• grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95
    grewupJWnoselfesteem78-95

isnt saying that "he directed his attention towards earth" saying now that he hasn't actually returned to earth ? in otherwords the second coming with lightning and flashes is still to come ?

when i was a JW i was led to believe that jesus was ruling invisibly on earth !!!!!!!!!!!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Jesus directed his attention to a dot.

Earth's Size Compared To Our Sun

Earth's Size Compared To Massive Stars

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote:
    isnt saying that "he directed his attention towards earth" saying now that he hasn't actually returned to earth ?
    Yes, Now they are saying Jesus never returned at all . . . even invisibly. That's in print.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Another cop put, "turned his attention to the earth", all the events that they are doing away with, would have had to happen to validate 1914, so by doing away with those doctrins they undermine 1914.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    but by his directing his attention toward the earth as ruling King.

Seems to me his "attention" span toward earth has waned, or he's daydreaming. It's a pretty shitty place to live in some parts. If he's ruling he needs to be voted out.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit