What church should I go to now?

by serenaj92 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Serena,

Before getting involved and commited to a church or Bible group, it would be wise to do some research on the organization. There is plenty of information on the net and informed people on this forum that can help.

Where did it get it's start?
    Do they claim revelation that other churches do not?
    Are you free to question and disagree with the Pastor and the elders?
    Does the church have its own books written and developed that contain doctrines and teachings of its founders and leaders that are not scriptural or just plain false?
    Does the church or organization contribute to causes you would in good conscience not contribute to?

There are many things one should check into before supporting any group or church. I know some that go to churches mainly for the fellowship, not that they agree with all that is taught. Personally I think that anyone who agree's with all that is taught in any church is lacking thinking abilities that make one objective.

Hope your husband lightens up!

• Vitameatavegamin
    Vitameatavegamin

.......The Church of What's Happenin' now.

• Escargot
    Escargot

Look here:

http://www.nazarene-friends.org/default.htm

Erasmus (1520 AD): "If we want truth, every person ought to be free to speak what they think without fear."

• gotcha
    gotcha

all humans are imperfect so no religion is perfect...why not make your own religion..at least if you make mistakes it will be your own and not because of some stupid leader/org...

...i'd rather drive and crash my own car rather than having someone drive n crash it for me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit