Is this true what I just read?

by worldtraveller 12 Replies latest jw friends

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Mr. Comacho,
    You call people dumb but many of them have first hand knowledge about the JW religion. AND, THEY DO CONTROL their followers...did you know that non-JW are considered Goats?!? Did you know that they cannot be police officers, vote, be in the military or have anything to do with government? They are forbidden from celebrating anything...i.e., christmas, birthdays, etc...also, they contradict themselves by saying that Christ was not the Savior and part of the trinity but call themselves the "TRUE Christians?" How can one be a CHRISTian and not believe in Christ as the savior and son of God?!?

######################

I am referring to the part where non witnesses are referred to as "Goats". This was taken off the Dennis Lindberg thread and blog.(previous page). Truly bizarre.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

EVERYTHING on the internet is true!

• blueviceroy
    blueviceroy

baaaa ,baaaaa

• kifoy
    kifoy

Of course they where referred to as goats. Especially those really nasty ones we met in FS. Happened many times. "Oh, we met a real goat at that last house over there". Oh, yes. We felt bad about it, of course, especially when we were corrected by one of the more conscientious in the group: "we should not say that, what if someone hear us, or what if that person has a sudden change of heart and find the truth anyway..." or something.

Not proud of it, but yes, I've called several grumpy non-witnesses for "goats".

kifoy

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

I remember the term being used. I also remember an illustration in a WBTS publication with goats.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I like goats.

• Micky4321
    Micky4321

I remember that also. They would teach us to be sheep like and be led around like a sheep is led around with the herd. Then those who did not go along with whatever they said were goat like and hard headed and not following the herd as in the whatever the JW's Society or people said you should do. I guess I'm a goat then since I can think for myself and am not led around.

• liberatedwoman
    liberatedwoman

I remember a talk in which the witnesses were praised for being "sheep-like ones" who heeded the voice of their Shepherd....not like the "goats" we meet, who when we offer the truth say "but, but, but.."

Probably a CO special talk...

Aaah yes, "delightfully correct words of truth" and "spiritual food in due season"

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth......

• horrible life
    horrible life

Jehovah will seperate the sheep from the goats.

I have always heard this. Is it in the Bible? Or did the JW's just make it up? But, it was said a million times. The goats, of course, being Baaaaad. haha

• DJK
    DJK

When I left in 74 it was always goats and sheep this and goats and sheep that.

I was beginning to think it was some kind of a fetish they had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit