NEW CAR FOR BUBBLE

by south african beef 32 Replies latest jw friends

• south african beef
    south african beef

Yeah we have the Nissan over here - nice but again the engine is a bit agricultural though I would never say no to owning one. A real drivers car I hear.

I suppose the cars we are choosing between aren't exactly glamourous but that's all we can afford. What would $30,000 get us in the States?

SAB

• south african beef
    south african beef

What's the above got to do with Bubble's new Car?!

Please stay on topic!

Anyway, details of which car Bubble wants in a minute!

SAB

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

As far as European cars I can think of, 30k US would get you a loaded Golf GTI, an Audi A3 with a few options, or maybe a stripped down BMW 3 series.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

So you dislike American cars, eh? Well on this side of the pond we certainly do NOT deep fry our Mars bars. And at least we know which side of the street to drive on!!... Happy New Year to you anyway!!! Bill.

• bubble
    bubble

Ok, what do you think? I can get this sporty, pretty fiat punto, or I can go for a sensible, slightly boring vw golf.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I would choose on fuel economy by far. I drive a mini van that seats 8 and gets 35 mpg (cdn). I need it to transport a lot of stuff. One tank of gas takes me from Vancouver to Northern California @ about 70 bucks.

• juni
    juni

I think that one looks mighty fine on ya Bubbles! Go for it!

• bubble
    bubble

Worldtraveller - I'm not too worried about fuel economy as I only work 9 miles from home. I don't ever drive long distances.

Juni - Yeah I think I might take your advice.

• bubble
    bubble

This is the alternative. It's far better on quality, but I will pay £3000 more for that privilege.

• south african beef
    south african beef

Just look at the alternatives - do you want German solidity or Italian flair?

She has nearly made her mind up - we may have a Carribean Orange Punto on our drive next to my red Alfa in March!

She will be making her mind up by wednesday when we have to sign on the dotted line.......

Regards

SAB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit