So what would you find if you only read the Bible?...........

by oompa 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Imagine if some guys said 66 websites were given by God as His word to be taken above all others and all human life should adhere to them. That's what it was like after writing came along except the books were many hundreds of years apart!! Absolutely crazy that I ever gor sold on this idea and any trouble/anger conflict I've put upon others and myself is what I now have to pay for in so many ways by beating myself up having tried to stick to and hating myself because I couldn't. And I was messed up by a parent brainwashing me with religious dogma and warped ideas. My heart wants what's best for everyone - that's who I really am- and this book of crock did me no favours trying to squeeze my soul into it along with other family members and an avalanche of guilt to dig out of every day with the cruise missiles of scripture targetting my brain coupled with all sorts of traditional moralities of no real value to anyone apart to make them feel like garbage!!

So in answer to your question - lots of people feeling like the above!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

You will find that YHWH, the Creator/God of the Old Testament, became the man, Jesus Christ.

You will find that YHWH is not the only name for God.

You will find that the Messiah/Savior/Deliverer is the only theme of the Bible.

You will find what Doug Mason said is so true. The Bible was written over a long period of time by and about people who were just as flawed as we are.

The WTS puts more emphasis on rote knowledge of a select set of Scriptures that bolster their interpretations. However, to understand more fully, we need to get all up in the time, the place, the people about whom Scripture is being written. Then, we will see that we haven't been told the half.

Thank you, Oompa, for asking.

Sylvia

• Steve J
    Steve J

The opening verse is enlightening; "In the beginning God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth."

Elohim is plural, so should this read; "In the beginning (the) Gods created the heavens and the earth?"

It seems the Hebrew religion didn't start out as a monotheistic faith and interestingly Josephus confirms this as he claims that Abram after making a study of the universe was the first to come up with the idea that there must only be one God.

Steve J

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

To add to Missinglink's summary:

Also, New Testament = Paul is a dick.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

As MissingLink and SacrificialLoon say: God is a dick, Jesus says be nice, and where the Hell did Paul come from? Did he even meet Jesus?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    To add to Missinglink's summary:

Also, New Testament = Paul is a dick.

Loon - I think you and I should publish our new "Missing Loon Abridged Bible". Maybe we could have it available on t-shirts or credit-card sized printouts so people can always have the scriptures with them. Order now - only $9.95.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Paul never met him except in a vision or weirded out moment after JC died which left him with poor eyesight. Used to hold the coats for people when they would stone others to death. I guess a lot of people were VERY suspicious of Paul (Saul) since he had been one of the chief ringleaders to kill followers of JC.

• erynw
    erynw

That I blew 3 months of my life that I'll never have back.

• writetoknow
    writetoknow

People don't wast much time talking about things that aren't important. It seems the most important thing for most peoples on this forum is putting down God?

Makes you wonder...

• flipper
    flipper

Oompa- Only the Bible. It's all you'd find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit