Of fans, caca, and faithful old Grandma's

by sooner7nc 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

On Monday morning, I'm going to receive a visit. The visitors will be my sweet mother, who's OK with my views and agrees with many of them, and my Grandmother, a faithful, hardcore J-dub. I haven't been to a meeting in about 4 months. My mom knows this but my G-ma doesn't. To top it off, I've grown a little bit of a beard in the past couple months, Read C-of-C, and have been on this board. To put it mildly, I'm spoiling for a fight, a little nervous about it, but not in the mood to back down. Maybe nothing will happen, I don't really know, but whatever does, I'm willing to face the consequences. I think. Well, I'll let you all know how it turns out on Tuesday. Wish me luck people, I'm afraid I'm going to need it.

sooner7nc

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I don't really know, but whatever does, I'm willing to face the consequences

You'll do just fine.

Sylvia

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I know I will, with the support I get here

Thanks a bunch!

sooner7nc

• Open mind
    Open mind

LUCK!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I'm spoiling for a fight, I wouldnt advice that love.

Just enjoy the visit ,be respectful, LOVE EM!!! & keep quite . If you believe pray for em, if you dont show respect for them.... Love never fails.((((HUGS)))

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Just keep it lighthearted, nothing doctrinal. If they must bring up the jw thing, just tell them you are trying. Anything more than that and granny might just think she's doing you a favor and arrange for a visit from YOU KNOW WHO! lol Take care

nomoreguilt

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I guess "spoiling for a fight" wasn't completely accurate. I'm not wanting an arguement with my G-ma necessarily, but I'm aware that this will probably get back to the BOE, and as far as they are concerned...well, need I go on? Seriously, I care for my G-ma very much and don't want to do anything to hurt her, but I don't think she's gonna feel as cheery about the whole thing as I do. Thanks for the advice and the good wishes, I appreciate them all very much.

sooner7nc

Alice in Chains-"Brother"

"You, my friend I will defend

And if we change, well I'll love you anyway"

Always thought it sounded cool.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Best of luck to you sooner7nc....

Just enjoy your family time together. We look forward to hearing how it all turns out.

Babygirl...

• triplestrength
    triplestrength

That sounds like a toughie, hang in there, Its your consience that's important do what's right for you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Punching..Let us know how long it takes to knock Grandma out!..Punching..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit