Do not call... an idea + information required.

by Andrew Farrell 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Andrew Farrell
    Andrew Farrell

Does anyone know the official WTS process, and recognition of formal, or informal requests, to not be called upon? What is required? If a person contacted Bethel, how often do they notify the local congregation of a request? Is there an email address you could write to, or do you have to write a letter?

Also, is there any legal basis for their being required to uphold such a request? In USA or Australia?

I know about the Do Not Call web site in the UK. I'm looking at something that could be much more effective than this. For a start, it should be free, not paid. Second, it should be self perpetuating.

In order for the service to notify (automatically hopefully) the WTS of a Do Not Call request, you should have to recommend the service to 2 or 3, or more, other people. They in turn would be notified by email, and so on, it could build up considerable momentum in time, as these things do, and result in a huge number of people requesting a do not call status.

If the WTS has noone to call on, it will get hard to get rid of magazines, and much harder to preach - when I was in, people were never too excited about street witnessing.

The end result could hit them where it counts - $$$$. Furthermore, the referral campaign could help educate people that just don't want to be woken at 9.30am on a Saturday or Sunday morning abut the dangers of the WTS.

Thoughts?

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Andrew, not sure this is what you want....but to be a 'DNC' as far as I was aware you just mention your request to the the JW that calls. They make a note and thats it! You might get a call of one the elders once a year to see that your wishes are being observed. (Is that weird...calling anyway?!)

ISP

• nelly136
    nelly136

theres an ex elder in wales who distributed A4 sheets to post offices
    at the top there was a notice saying something along the lines that people did not want jws to call, later on he'd go back collect the sheets with peoples names and addresses and post a copy to the local kingdom hall, he cut the territory in that area down to about 50% which basically meant the other half that didnt have their names removed from the do not call list got twice as many visits,
    nelly

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Nelly!

That reminds me of those maps when virtually every other door that had a sticker on saying JWs not to call! Those maps were the best! With a good number having closed curtains you could get by talking to no one! Hey I had a conscience!

ISP

• nelly136
    nelly136

being like junkmail is one of their best kept secrets, you can have them stopped at source, though I think they call again to check after a year just in case youve moved and theres a new householder,
    nelly

• nicolaou
  • Bridgette
    Bridgette

ooooh, my hot button! I am one of those that find intrusion upon my time with family intolerable. My husband and I protect our family time fiercely against pushy, uninvited intruders. Whether it be from JW's peddling religion, or telemarketers calling during dinner, or junk mail clogging my mail box--I do not welcome them!! I e-mailed a Church of Christ friend of mine with a huge e-mail list with the information on how to go about getting off of the JW's "route" or becoming a "do not call". In this hectic day and age, it's only fair to have time at home be peaceful and unmolested. I want to be able to go out and do yard work with my daughter on the weekends without being accosted by religious propogandists.
    B.

• openminded
    openminded

I bet if you got a list going around local churches you could get half a town on that list.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have a sign at my door.When that dosen`t work,just scare the shit out of them when they come to the door.It won`t happen more than twice.Then they will take note of your address,and pass it on to others who do not wish to fear for their lives...OUTLAW

• garybuss
    garybuss

I called them and told them I want to be called on and I do want a Bible study. I’ll study with a different Witness every day. They put me on their don’t call list faster than the speed of light.

I’m still laughing.

Offer is still good. Any takers?

gb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit