_Morpheus

Update my unofficial noncertified poll (first hand experiances only),

husband - 7

wife - 7

wife mentally out first but husband spoke out first - 1

husband mentally out first but wife spoke out first - 0

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

How very interesting thats its almost dead even! Gender dosent seem to play role, at least with the informal statistics gathered so far :) thats why this is interesting to me. We may have a suspicion or a gut feeling but looking at the hard data can really shake those and give valuable insight amd i absolutly LOVE this kind of data!

as an aside on the 'women are more emotional' debate.... I have seen anecdotal evidance both for and against that.... My own dear mother can be the most logical rational ruthless person i know (i dont mean that derogatoraly at all nor do i mean to suggest she dosent express love) wheras my father can be rather impulsive and emotional at times. Conversly i know my share of women who fit the protypical emotional woman stereotype. Confirmation bias can really skew our views on these things and i realized long ago that trying to put someone in a catagory for any reason, be it gender race ethnicity etc etc is to sell them and me short. I let people show who they are via word and deed. Its all i ask for myself, its only fair to give them the same chance.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I was out mentally before my husband. Now we are both physically out.

My sister is in mentally but her husband is out mentally. They are both in as far as I know.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

_morpheus sounds like my mom! Devoid of human emotion lol. But loves to monger fear for some reason.

OneEyedJoe I tried to help. I think I made it worse. Let me just say this if you have ever been involved in any heavy duty marketing, advertising, focus groups etc. You would see men and when are not in fact the same. Statistically. Sure that's not everyone. And that's ok! Again forget psychology and emotion. Biologically we operate in our own way. And its ok! I have a great deal of pharmaceutical and marketing experience. biological and psychological side. I love all you ladies :) If we were all just the same what fun would that be?

• Simon
    Simon

Some seem to take exception to the slight stereotyping / generalization that is inevitable in a discussion like this.

It's not that women are 'less rational' in any way, it's simply that I think they tend to put more value on personal relationships / friendships and the social aspect of the religion.

No one is saying "women are stupid" !

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I'm not making generalization but with my wife and the women I know, you give too many instructions at one time. This probably don't have anything to do with the topic but I had to get it off my chest.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Although I have proof. Going by various apostate sites I would say the would mostly be men.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    James and joel, may i please ask for your first hand experiances?
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

You would see men and when are not in fact the same.

Although I have proof. Going by various apostate sites I would say the would mostly be men.

This is way too rational for me. I'm off to do my embroidery.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    I would love to see you try this phraseology in a thread about religion versus evolution and watch some of our posters make mincemeat of it.

haha. I was thinking that exact thing as I wrote it.

On the topic of multitasking, I wasn't saying that anyone becomes more productive while juggling multiple tasks (this is the myth part of it) I was saying that women are better at it than men. This usually simply means that they take less of a productivity hit when multitasking than do men.

Google is indeed my friend:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-24645100

It's a fruitless debate, though, if everyone's going to take offense and read things into it when they're not there. Hopefully this doesn't devolve any further, as I am somewhat interested in everyone's experience even if the methodology will undoubtedly lead to very skewed statistics.

Thanks FMF. I knew while writing my first post that it was only a matter of time until someone reframed it as some kind of misogynist propaganda. I did it anyway.

And for what it's worth, I'd love to have the emotional intelligence that my wife has. It's really inconvenient when I say something that in my mind is completely innocent and it puts someone in tears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit