Field ministry blooper reel:

by Awakened07 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

-Did you ever stuff up your presentation while going door-to-door?

I remember one beautiful summer day, me and my 'partner' were slowly approaching a man working in his garden. It was warm, it was sunny, it was beautiful, it was peaceful and quiet - you might say it was "paradise".

So - it was my turn. We walked up to the guy, I smiled, drew my breath and said: "Hi - beautiful day, isn't it. - Wouldn't you like to live an everlasting life in a world full of war?"

-It took two seconds, and we all cracked up!

Anyway - he wasn't interested...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have gone to the door, made my presentation, and reached into my bag only to find that it was empty.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

"an everlasting life in a world full of war" HA HA HA The real Truth comes out

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I remember hearing a story (think my cousin told me) about this lady who was out in service she knocked on the door and a guy answered the door, but before she could say hello she farted really loud and started laughing and couldn't finish her presentation, the man just closed the door.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

One time as I was walking away from a door that I thought no one was at, it suddenly opened and startled me. I was really flustered and sort of forgot how to talk. All I could get out was "Uh, we're just some Jehovah's Witnesses..." The man promptly shut the door.

Another thing I used to do alot was instead of telling people to "have a good day", I would say "have a good idea". I hated when I did that!

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

one time my mom told me she put some magazines in my bag............ so i was out in service.............. placed my last set but "mom put some in" so silly me i didnt check..............this also tells you i didnt read that s*** i just faked it as i went along ............. didnt matter what the cover said i could place it..............

come to find out she DID put some magazines in my bag........................

USED STUDY ARTICLES WITH THEIR NAMES WRITTEN ON THEM..........................

so i had to ask the bro i was with if he had any left............ he only had a book............ and i didnt place books............. so................. um............ HAVE A NICE DAY

• metaspy
    metaspy

I was at a door and the brother I was with said:
    "Hi we've been going around to you and your BIBLE, talking about your NEIGHBORS."
    The person just shut the door slowly with a confused look.
    It took a couple seconds to realize why.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wish I would have made some mistake like that that would have blown a call. But I do have an idea that, if I ever get dragged out in field circus, that I will flub up on purpose. My introduction will be "We're two of Jehovah's Witlesses..." Hopefully that will get a slammed door.

If that doesn't work and they take the litter-ature anyway, I will mention the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund. I will tell them that a portion of the money they donate toward that cause goes to protect pedophiles in the organization. Hey, if we are supposed to tell the truth no matter how much trouble it gets us in, why not?

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

In the following - the names have been changed to protect the guilty. I (Bob) was about 13 and at a door with my 14 yeard old friend (Joe).

Me (Bob): Knock knock. Hello my name is Joe and this is my friend Bob, we're Je-... (interrupted)

Joe: Wait, that's not right. I'M Joe, and HE's Bob.

(door shuts)

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

friggen joe ruined everything

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit