HELP I NEED YOU ALL!!!

by bj 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

The following is taken from 1988, April 15 pages 26-31

What About Relatives?
    …God certainly realizes that carrying out his righteous laws about cutting off wrongdoers often involves and affects relatives. As mentioned above, when an Israelite wrongdoer was executed, no more family association was possible. In fact, if a son was a drunkard and a glutton, his parents were to bring him before the judges, and if he was unrepentant, the parents were to share in the just executing of him, ‘to clear away what is bad from the midst of Israel.’ (Deuteronomy 21:18-21) You can appreciate that this would not have been easy for them. Imagine, too, how the wrongdoer’s brothers, sisters, or grandparents felt. Yet, their putting loyalty to their righteous God before family affection could be lifesaving for them.

Cutting off from the Christian congregation does not involve immediate death, so family ties continue. Thus, a man who is disfellowshipped or who disassociates himself may still live at home with his Christian wife and faithful children. Respect for God’s judgments and the congregation’s action will move the wife and children to recognize that by his course, he altered the spiritual bond that existed between them. Yet, since his being disfellowshipped does not end their blood ties or marriage relationship, normal family affections and dealings can continue.

The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home. It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum, in line with the divine principle: “Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person [or guilty of another gross sin], . . . not even eating with such a man.”—1 Corinthians 5:11. –Emboldening mine.

Understandably, this may be difficult because of emotions and family ties, such as grandparents’ love for their grandchildren. Yet, this is a test of loyalty to God, as stated by the sister quoted on page 26. Anyone who is feeling the sadness and pain that the disfellowshipped relative has thus caused may find comfort and be encouraged by the example set by some of Korah’s relatives.—Psalm 84:10-12. -- End of Quote.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Andrew Farrell
    Andrew Farrell

Was that the WT or AWAKE?

• nelly136
    nelly136

I know what is says and how it works are two different things, but bj
    did ask for current policy and thats the public one,
    although it doesnt help us much it may help bj show the family that theres subtle differences in policy depending where you look.

actually reading the last sentence theyre not that far off track, we are always welcome to bow to the emotional blackmail of having our families denied us and return, we can go to the public meetings and sit at the back in the designated seats, we could look at our families from a distance, whether theyd actually dare talk to us in fromt of everbody else is a different matter, its just word play,
    nelly

• outnfree
    outnfree

Andrew Farrell,

That was from a WATCHTOWER.

Most Witnesses know from experience that articles from magazines dated the 1st and 15th of any month are Watchtower articles.

Articles from magazines dated the 8th and 22nd of any given month are from Awake!

Sometimes we forget that interested ones and non-JWs don't have this 'automatic' insight.

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Nelly,
    I'm glad you posted what they say to the public.I should have worded my post differently.I was concentrating on what lurkers may think instead of considering you too.Sorry.
    When you put it all together it makes an interesting picture doesn't it.

Ranchette

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

thanks for posting this info guys! i'm planning on asking my sister about this in a letter. blows me away how they get away with their public image and the dirty truth. yuck!

thanks again!

love
    harmony

Most people think, Great God will come from the skies, Take away everything And make everybody feel high. But if you know what life is worth, You will look for yours on earth: And now you see the light, You stand up for your rights.~~Bob Marley

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Bj,

The informations given to you are correct (the quotes)

About Ranchette's comment :

"JWs may get away with associating with DF'd

relatives in some liberal

congregations but officially it is a no no.

At the very least you risk your reputation in

the cong. being ruined.

You may loose priviledges also."

Very true, in many European countries.
    This is a very sensitive subject, and
    the elders have to be very, very careful…normally
    the local Branch will not …get
    involved. Simple fear of legal follow up.

Remember also the "OFFICIAL " position stated
    in their own web pages!!!

And finally …everyone HAS
    the right to REFUSE to give
    or comment on a completely PRIVATE MATTER!!!

Please , BJ,use all these informations,
    in this thread and let me know if you need
    anything else.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit