Bullying is a crime!

by Gill 22 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

While I'm not pro-union, it most definitely sounds like harassment. Your hubby should inform his boss that all conversations will be tape-recorded which should make der fuehrer think twice before he calls him in again for some perceived problem. I'm glad the Union has a lawyer on it, as this asshole could/should be charged with harassment.

Well I am and this is why Unions need more power legally to do their job. This guy should be in jail not in a power position. Sadly the way things are now, nothing will happen to him as long as he making the company money, if only in their minds.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I haven't read the responses yet but my first thoughts are that management is trying to get rid of him.

Possibly for his age (??) or his salary.

My dad went through a few years of harrassment. He was finally terminated.

Don't know if that applies in your husband's case or not.

Since California is an 'at will' employment state, there was not much that could be done as we could not prove 'age discrimination' and a private attorney would have cost too much money. Dad was near ready to retire anyway.

I used to work for a private practice dentist who would just berate and harp on employees that he wanted to leave. He bragged that he never had to pay unemployment benefits because in 25 years he had never fired anyone. 12 employees at any given time and only a few stayed longer than 3 years. Every one left because the 'heat' became too intense.

I thought it was chicken shit and told him so. It's not playing fair to just start being mean to someone that you don't want working for you. Talk thru the real issues and mutually terminate. Pay some money and move on. Beats having to keep re-hiring and training newbies every few months.

I feel for you though. I hope it works out somehow.

-Denise.

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks everyone!

Mary - I'm onto it!

BluesBrother - That book just arrived today from Amazon! It's really good!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit