A Pivotal Question For Those Who Believe The Bible

by bjc2read 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

A Pivotal Question For Those Who Believe The Bible

Jehovah's Witnesses and many other religions believe Jesus is the "seed" of the "woman" spoken of in Genesis 3:15. In addition, the Jehovah's Witnesses believe this "woman" pictures the heavenly organization (angels) that produced Jesus. Given that premise, I pose this question:

How can this "woman" have produced Jesus as commonly thought when we know for a fact, Jesus actually produced or created this "woman" or all of the heavenly angels of God? -- Colossians 1:15, 16

Please, only serious-minded bible-believers need reply.

Thanks,

bjc

• Gordy
    Gordy

Since becoming a Christian 7 years ago after 30 years as a JW.

What I have learned is that Gen 3:15 points to a future salvation that the "seed of the woman" one of Eve's decendants would in the future provide the one who will be the means of salvation.

I have not heard any other Christian group teach along similar lines as the JW one, that the "woman" is some heavenly organisation.

Can you point out any other Christian group that teaches the same thing as the JW's on this?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I agree with Gordy that the JW's have a "unique" interpretation of Genesis 3:15 that other Christian faiths do not share. Here is one synopsis of this verse that I tend to agree with;

Genesis 3:15 "he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel" - the antagonism between people and snakes is used to symbolize the outcome of the titanic struggle between God and the evil one, a struggle played out in the hearts and history of mankind. The offspring of the woman would eventually crush the serpents head, a promise fulfilled in Christ's victory over Satan, a victory in which all believers will share. (see Romans 16:20)

When was Christ victorious over Satan? The WT points to a future time when Christ will be victorious over Satan. But in fact, Christ had his victory already in his resurrection. Satan is living on "borrowed" time until his final destruction, but has in fact already been defeated.

Peace, Lilly

• rnovello
    rnovello

bjc2read

why dont you put this on your brother burneys site and open his sites up for all to read and then any who want can answer there?

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hello Gordy,

No, I do not know of any other Christian religion that teaches that the woman in Genesis 3:15 is a heavenly one other than Jehovah's Witnesses.

You said:

"What I have learned is that Gen 3:15 points to a future salvation that the "seed of the woman" one of Eve's decendants would in the future provide the one who will be the means of salvation."

Do you mean that you do not believe that Jesus is the means for salvation for all men and that God will use an imperfect decendant of Eve to save mankind at some future time? If so, then that would be a very revolutionary idea, one which most would reject almost immediately upon hearing it.

bjc

• Chap
    Chap

I think he meant it from the perspective of Adam. Obviously, from our perspective, Christ's resurrection was in the past.

• rnovello
    rnovello

what bjc is trying to tell all of us is that donald burney is the imperfect decendant of Eve. can you swallow that B.S.? keep it comin bj, want the rest of the story

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

JWs and Christians are both wrong. The real interpretation is as follows:

The woman = the woman (Eve)

The snake = the snake (not the devil as he hadn't been invented at the time)

The woman's seed = humans in general

The snake's seed = snakes in general

Snakes are doomed to be trampled underfoot by humans, and humans are doomed to be bitten by snakes.

That's it. A primitive just-so story, not part of an epic prophecy.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Actually Gordy that makes sense...Eve is the woman. How can it be so simple?

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Some Other Pivotal Points to Consider in Understanding Genesis 3:15

Yes, I agree...Eve would picture the "woman." So the Watchtower Society & Jehovah's Witnesses are both wrong on that one.

And of course if that is true, this could alter our understanding of whom the "seed' could possibly picture too.

Here are some additional points that deserve another look:

1. The Watchtower Society simply assumes the "woman" cannot be Eve because she could not produce a perfect "seed." (But we can ask ourselves, does the "seed" need to be perfect to accomplish God's Will in this instance?)
    2. The "enmity" spoken of or promised in this verse is between Satan and the "woman" and between the "seed" of Satan and the "seed " of the "woman."
    3. If the "woman" is a heavenly one, then her "seed" could not be Jesus because Jesus was created directly by Jehovah and he existed before any other spirit creature in heaven.
    4. If the "woman" is Eve, Jesus could not be her "seed" because no imperfect human male was involved in his conception.
    5. Since Satan's "seed" is earthly so must the "woman's" seed be also. They must co-exist together in order for enmity to exist between the two.
    6. Since the enmity is between the two "seeds," so must the "bruising" action be also that is described in this verse.
    7. The Bible shows that Satan is to be destroyed by Jehovah and not by the "seed" of the "woman." (Romans 16:20)

bjc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit