Going to Walt Disney World - Any suggestions?

by kwintestal 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

We're bringing our 9 and 7 year old kids to Disney over the X-mas break this year. It's actually going to be their gifts and they don't know we're going. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to see or do there or what to avoid.

Something else we just found out, since they cancelled the Space Shuttle launch the other day, they may be doing it on Jan. 2, I'm excited about possilbly going to see it! The kids would love it! (mabye not as much as seeing Mickey though)

Kwin

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

YES! I have a great suggestion:

take ME

Ok, seriously...

#1 Either pack a lunch or bring a LOT of $$$

#2 Depending on your kids, I love the Haunted Mansion, it's awesome, but some kids get scared on it.

#3 Lots of pictures....

other than that, dude just have fun!!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

If I have time tomorrow, I will give you some tips.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Great ages, great time of year. Lots of $$$$ as Black Swan said. Comfortable walking shoes, and don't expect to cover it all in one day.

Have tons of FUN!!!!

momz

Don't.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

We've already bought our 7 day passes. Should be enough to see almost everything. We're also going to be there New Years eve! I guess they do some special firework shows.

We bought each of the kids a digital camera so they can do a photo log of our trip. I just don't know if we'll have enough batteries! :D We do plan on packing a lunch too. The haunted mansion, is that the "Tower of Terror"?

Thanks JG, I look forward to them.

I think I may need new shoes before we go, thanks for reminding me. I get sore legs and hips from walking too much.

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    Don't.

If it was up to me, we'd be going to Jamaica but my wife's parents wanted to send us.

Kwin

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Measure their heights before you go, and find out as much as you can about the height requirements for certain rides, you don't want to stand in line for a hour to find out one of the kids isn't tall enough and is heartbroken. Map out what rides they are tall enough for and hit those areas first.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I don't believe the Haunted Mansion is the same thing as the Tower of Terror.

Did you guys see the Eddie Murphy movie based on it?

This is the real thing:

I think tower of terror is at Epcot. Not sure...

have fun!!!

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff
    We bought each of the kids a digital camera so they can do a photo log of our trip. I just don't know if we'll have enough batteries! :D

For about 40 bucks you can buy rechargeable batteries and a charger, which you can take with you, most of them are fairly compact. Will save you running to a store and paying a fortune for batteries there. Just recharge them each night and you'll be ready to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit