Pets - How do you view them? (Bullcrap article by WT)

by skeeter1 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Holy rabbit hutches! Theres an official Witless view of pets now?? Cant they keep their god bothering noses out of anything??

First anal sex now the guinea pigs - dear lord....

IMO my rabbits are one step away from being the sunday lunch if they dig one more hole in my lawn!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

you know???i HAVE noticed that the jws seem fearstruck at the thought of animals attaining any human charactoristic..the ones i know,wont even watch movies w/talking animals..i gave my mom a lawn ornament w/the see no evil etc frogs and a gazing ball.an dthe elders told her to get rid of it..i thought it might have been cause of the gazing ball part{fortune telling???} but no,it was the frogs..animals are not to in any way,to assume any human charactoristics...what an amazingly backward,superstitious bunch..i have noticed it,but this really clinches it..that dominion over creatures thing,has always pissed me off.havent they ever seen "Birds"!!!!????the hitchcock flic?

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The WTS never did have a sense of humor. That was their main problem. How could you resist this?

Sherry

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I love my pets more than any "Brother or Sister" the've given me more love and affection then all Witnesses put togther, so the Watchtower can kiss my Australian ass...I would give any money I could to take care of them and thats my God Damn right as a Christian! What next? Banning take-away food because like the Israelites during the Exodus, it encourages "selfish-longing." Eat "manna" or rice instead...see it's easy to make up bull-s--t laws, if your an arrogant God-man in Bethel.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    The Bible, the earliest record of human history, reports that the first man, Adam, gave names to the animals.

Hahahahaha!!!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75
    People have named pets in their last will and testament as beneficiaries of fabulous wealth.

That's what they are really pissed off about. They want to be named as beneficiaries, so they are making pets out to be spawn of Satan...

I love my boys, two pomeranians, more than most people. They give love unconditionally, don't smart back, are always happy to see you, and give you lots of kisses. I spoil them with clothes and treats and don't see anything wrong with it!!

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

I actually agree with this one. Don't get me wrong. I like animals and totally believe that they should be treated with respect and not abused. However, I've seen too many people that practically WORSHIP their pets, while neglecting family or their spouses. IMHO pets are for children and old people. And if you are a single person that worships animals, either find someone just like you or stay single.

Others will risk their very lives to save animals. I shake my head in shame and amusement when reading or hearing news reports of people dying because of these attempts.

And don't tell me, "MY pet(s) treat me alot better than alot of people." Try neglecting your pet like you would neglect a family member and watch the results.

You love your pet? Fine. Enjoy your pets. But people come first!

Bourne

P.S. I've had pets in the past. And I LOVED every one of them. But thank goodness my parents led right on this one..........Gosh....people are NUTS!

Wait.Am I misunderstanding you ? You love people so much that if somone dies trying to save a beloved pet that it "amuses" you ? Many firefighters and rescue personnel risk their lives to save pets.If they die doing so does that amuse you too ?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

That's what they are really pissed off about. They want to be named as beneficiaries, so they are making pets out to be spawn of Satan...

I love my boys, two pomeranians, more than most people. They give love unconditionally, don't smart back, are always happy to see you, and give you lots of kisses. I spoil them with clothes and treats and don't see anything wrong with it!!

It's a tough choice. Should I leave everything to a friend on the condition that he care for my bird who loves me or should I leave everything to the watchtower so they can protect pedophiles in court?

It's a no brainer for me.

W

• freydi
    freydi

In case anybody missed it, "Are Cats For Christians?" http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/25/71788/1.ashx

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

There's one concept that animals understand that the WT can NEVER grasp ... the concept of unconditional love! A pet doesn't care whether his owner is black, white, or any other race. A pet doesn't care if his owner has a million dollars in his bank account, or is penniless. A pet's love doesn't depend on his owner's religious beliefs. A pet's love doesn't hinge on any of those factors ... human love is quite the opposite.

I remember once seeing a fireman giving a small puppy mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. He had just pulled the poor thing out of the building, all wet and half conscious. Maybe if he was JW, he would've been counseled on his view of pets. Sheesh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit