Richie's side, Seth's side... and a third side

by AlmostAtheist 66 Replies latest jw friends

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

lol that was one exageration that i knew was bs.............. ive worked with to many bouncers at their primary day job to belive someone whos not at least 21 is gonna get hired as a bouncer at a club serving alcohol. i called bulls*** on that when i read it.

alotta drama in RRs posts........... but they were and still are and i hope to GOD WILL be again ............. HILARIOUS.

GET YOUR A$$ BACK HERE RR

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Just walk gently now".........Words of wisdom.......Those who care about Richie,will heed those words...OUTLAW

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think the reason that Richie's side matters to us is that he has presented himself to us as a very real person. He shows his face, hell, I know HIS body more than I know my own son's these days:) So I guess that is why these things matter to us. He names names, places, businesses. If he is gonna be real, then at least get those details straight. Thats all. If he was Frosty from Antartica and had a penguin avatar and mentioned his friends from fairy tales, no one would care. No one would feel lied to. I know there is BS on bulletin boards, but its a different kind of BS when you involve others AND yourself that are real (named) and then fictionalize what you want to about them.

The dramatization of life I am good with to a point. I think he just stepped over a line that made us all squirm. Integrity does matter-more so when you present your face and your life to the whole world.

He has done a lot to be proud of. He did it in different ways than some of us might have, but some of us are still in ruts because we never took a stand. He has-For better or worse- and he will learn his own lessons from that, as we all do.

Someone caring about Richie enough to call and check on him is because, for all that this is cyberspace, real people live behind the SN's. He is so real because he made himself a VERY real boy. So he is set before us. A bunch of Gepettos who will love Richie anyway.

We all muck up and our friends get past it. He wasn't setting out to con anyone here, he was embellishing and editing his life. He just gave us so much of the real, that we expect it to all be-real.

My experience with MY teenager leads me to think that he will just pop back here with no explanation and continue on. Thats ok, I don't need an apology to love him. I think in the long run, he would be glad that he acknowledged his side story and then went on. I'm a mom, I have to heal quickly when burned by my kids, but someday, like me, they will wish I had not had to learn that skill so well.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Jim_TX If you have a look again at my post I said Richie was a ""kid"" - and yes he has got a lot to learn he is however a man, in the physical sense of the word - - what I was getting at is that it's has nothing to do with us - let them sort it out and yes like men.

And the fact that i'm trying to justify what I said in a post is telling me enough already.

• Trevanian
    Trevanian

It's good that this discussion is happening.

I think the two main lessons for Ritchie are these -

One. A lot of people here really like you, so come home, son, and you'll be fine.

Two. Lying does catch up with you eventually, so take note, try not to do it in public again, and come home, son!

• observador
    observador

I couldn't care less whether or not Richie apologizes, but I am curious as hell to read the whole story, specially Seth's side.

Where's that? Please, please...

• observador
    observador

ok, got it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/148387/9.ashx

Does he still have that gorgeous girlfriend?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit