WHERE DO YOU POST FROM? ANY PARTICULAR TIME?

by Dansk 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

When I started posting this morning it struck me that I was in the company of others around the world who were just getting up or going to bed. One can actually see when the Brits have hit the forum - like now - and then the Americans later. I know there are other nationals posting, too - Hi Ozzie and LouBelle - so when do YOU usually start posting?

Do you post from home or work or both?

I start reading posts/posting usually around 8.00 a.m.- and it's so addictive that I come and go throughout the day As I'm at home it's easy and comfortable. I stop reading/posting usually around 10.00 p.m.

Ian

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

"Posting"? Moreso, reading. [I rarely post!] I usually sit down to read last night's posts (those superactive Americans really fill up the pages overnight!) with my first cup of coffee in the morning, while my wife takes her turn with the morning newspaper. Guess what? I'm all caught up now! I did start to read a bit late this morning, as we both woke up late . Now, it's time to carry out the day's business away from the computer... at least until tonight .

-V

• justhuman
    justhuman

any time, any place

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Well,I just got up here in the midwest.I am having my first of 2 cups of coffee. I usually read last nights posts also, and just kinda get a feel for what's on peoples minds today. If I dwelled too much on something that was on my mind last night then I will make up a new post for discussion. We got a light dusting of globalwarming last night, supposed to get it off and on today. I work for myself, so I may get home any time after noon or such. May browse a bit before my wife gets home form her job. It all depends on what is bothering me or what new things I have learned from everyone here as to my new subjects to post. Thankyou

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Your post arrived here in Texas on 07-Dec-07 @ 04:20 AM Central standard time. If I've used correct math you are about seven hours ahead of us so you started this thread last evening your time. Right now it should be somewhere aroung noon in Jolly Old England.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm usually lurking whenever I have a computer in front of me - so basically whenever I'm not asleep!

Addicted? Me?

Nah, lol!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Yes, it can be addicting, can't it? I have found that I need to temper my use here, as I have a tendancy to neglect other things I need to do. Like now, I need to get a shower and get ready for work. I'm not looking forward to driving in the fresh snow, it's probably glazed the roads and people here tend to forget how to drive in it.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Shutterbug:

I started the thread at: 07-Dec-07 10:20 a.m.British Time.

However, you are right about it being near lunch-time here now. It's 11.58 a.m. by my computer clock.

Great posts, everyone. Please keep them coming as they are really interesting.

Thanks.

Ian

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

I access JWD as the kettle is boiling in the morning.

I read sometimes at work - not much time free though

I can access JWD on my phone - so I can read and post if stuck in traffic or on the train.

Mostly I post during the evenings.

You can definately see a pattern in postings - there are waves of different posters as the world wakes up.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I post at home.

I don't have a work computer. I am a nursing assistant and have a set schedule in the mornings only. So I try to post before work usually around 7 am. And then after work and up until I go to bed. Last night was around 11 pm.

Besides working mornings, I am also on-call for other hours during the day and night and can work any number of crazy hours. Yesterday I worked 8 - 2, came home for a short break then went back to work 4 - 9 pm. So I tried to post in between shifts. I work for two different companies, for one I do home visits only (mornings) the other is an assisted living facility for the elderly (evenings on-call).

I am off today so I will post in between laundry and housework. Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit