So is everyone signing up to JW.org and D-loading audio files???

by still_in74 11 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74

I just heard this announced last night. It starts Jan 01-08 and I guess more is to come in the future. You can even have them sent to you automatically when you go online.

All subscribers to CD's are asked to consider cancelling their subscribtions and download.

So are the cong's going to have a "Computer Servant" to show the comp illiterate how to D-load and print off their own KM's??

• changeling
    changeling

Ha ha ha, computer servant! Good one!

changeling

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    So is everyone signing up to JW.org and D-loading audio files???

I can barely get through the WT comments on the JWD. I was researching left
    and right when I was still going to the hall. Now, I rarely open the WT CD-ROM
    or the NWT.

I am happy that someone else here is willing to listen to the garbage and point
    out what garbage it is.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Did I miss something? What audio files are we referring to here?

Jeff

• 5go
    5go

the watch tower is now on iTunes

Not really, they have their own service now. Jeff

You can get every thing WT makes in data form from them now.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Since the WTS. is a business it would not be surprising in the future this would really happen to cut the fat or lower their expenditures.

" In God we trust "

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    You can get every thing WT makes in data form from them now.

Is it all audio? Or are there pdf's of certain things? Available to anyone? Or password protected? Link anyone?

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I went to Jw.org

Looks like this is how they will 'deliver' the audio now instead of cassette or CD for the blind? Is that the idea? Must need a congregation to assign the password [and approve of the use of the service]. Wouldn't just want anyone to hear the 'Word of Jehovah' now would we?

Jeff

• Poztate
    Poztate

I am sure they will insist on a user name and password supplied by the congregation no doubt.

I don't think that the user name jehobah and the password Poztateā„¢ will allow me any downloads..

• 5go
    5go

Is it all audio? Or are there pdf's of certain things? Available to anyone? Or password protected? Link anyone?

Jeff

I was lead to believe Audio is a go on the first of the year. The pdf forms to follow later in the year for all literature.

As for registering for use I do not know. Didn't sound like there would be. Though they did warn not to share these with apostates or worldly ones. Fellow JWs were OK though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit