Mr. Flippers Son Gets Response Back from Witness Mother- Then Responds

by flipper 25 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Well it happened. My son got a response back from his paranoid witness mother. As nice as he was , she couldn't help but try to make him feel guilty ! Keep in mind while reading her response to the witnesses child abuse scandal , that her witness uncles molested her when she was 12 years of age . It will help you put the story in perspective . So she starts by titling this e-mail to my son calling it :

I Am Very Dissappointed

Yes son, I have already seen the terrible report on innocent lives being ripped at a young age . I can honestly say I have been there , the tears well up from very deep . Yes, I hate people who wickedly , selfishly, take what's not theirs. I hope you read where these people are very sick. When it finally gets to the proper hands to where they are disciplined or put in prison and not allowed to hurt these children again . Any who might hide it under the carpet are also going to pay. Well, sad to say despite what you think Jehovah's earthly organization is only run on free donations. They do not get paid you remember , it's run by donations of the heart , unlike other denominations. Be assured the molesters are not being sent to another area to worship freely .

Do you really think with all that I have been through that if that had happened to you kids I would not turn them in ? I tried to never allow that same feeling to happen to my own children. Do you think that God's people are perfect ? You already know that your mom is not . Would it make you happy if I just stopped ( being a witness) ? I wonder, would I have the same morals ? Was my life all in vain ? Tell me then, why didn't I stop ? I had so many chances, my mom was very sick, sad to say and took her own life . I had a very unhappy childhood. I would never go back to that . I had a very unhappy marriage for 19 years . But I did recieve 3 very valuable jewels ( the children ). And I tried, but if it never worked out , I never looked back .

What was it that made me so determined ? I believe in history, people who lived in the past. Their lives are verified by archeologists . Before 1993 there was no proof outside the Bible to support the history of David, the brave young shepherd who later became King of Israel. That year, archeologists uncovered in Northern Israel a basalt stone dated in the ninth century B.C. E. that experts say bears the words , " House of David and King of Israel . " What does this and much more mean ? That the Bible is well founded . No one has ever successfully challenged the historical accuracy of the Bible.

That's what I base my faith on and try to measure my life to what it says. We see the world getting further and further from it. I don't need to tell you these things, you are still listening to a source, whatever it is, but does it deserve the credit that your Loving Heavenl Father should have ? How sad to throw it all away . I never listened to anyone but what the Bible says, and if I haven't , you can let me know . Something has always happened to the people I love . Have to go.

( Mr. Flippers comments : Quite a touching ending eh ? Not even a I love you, or goodbye ? How sentimental !

Next came my sons reply to her " Disappointed letter "

Dear Mom, Yes I am aware that your uncles were terrible people, and hurt you when you were a child. That really makes me mad and sad ! And I am also aware that if something like that had happened to one of us kids when we were little, you would have turned the person into the elders .

Well guess what ? That same thing happened to a little girl 15 years ago. She was scared and thought it was her fault that the elder in her congregation was molesting her .She told nobody what happened until she was in her early twenties ! Then she told her parents for the first time . Her parents were justly furious ! They all decided to go to the elders in their congregation and turn in this man who was still an elder. The elders told her that because they did not have two witnesses present to see the molestation that there was nothing that could be done. The man would not be punished . The young woman and her parents were shocked and told the elders that if " God's organization " would do nothing about it, they would turn the man into the police . The elders told the woman and her family that if they did that they would be disfellowshipped for slander !!! WHAT !!!??? How is that justice ? Well, fortunately for this woman, her family and her were brave enough to go against what those " servants of God " said and turned the man over to the police. The woman and her parents were disfellowshipped . The man was arrested and thrown into prison. Did you know that the Watchtower society has known about these molestations happening for many years and have done nothing about it ? They have a record of all the allegations reported to the elders. Thousands of them . That is why they settled these cases out of court, because they knew that they had known but did nothing. And where do you think all of the money came from to pay these lawsuits ? Ah yes, " the donations from the heart ", that I used to ask for at the door. But alas, I realize that these things happen in all religions and all of society. I am not knocking witnesses only, but merely trying to show that ALL religions are to serve as creations of men to control the masses!

I am glad you believe in history. I am sure King David did exist and he was King of Israel, but if you decide to believe this historical evidence, then you cannot pick and choose . I was taught humans were created 6,000 years ago. But the scientists have found skulls matching with humans of today, dated to 130,000 years ago. All I'm saying is that the truth is larger than what the Watchtower society allows you to see.

I am sure you stopped reading, but I have more. The name Jehovah, used so much in the New World translation of the Bible is an incorrect translation of YHWH. I took a class in junior college and the instructor is fluent in classical Hebrew that the Bible was originally written in. When I told him I was raised a witness and was told Jehovah was the correct term for God, he said that the word Jehovah was an incorrect German translation created by Martin Luther back in the early 1600"s . There is not an English way of pronouncing the word. This leads me to believe if Gods name is mistranslated, what else in the new world translation is incorrect ? In fact the primary translator, Fred Franz was not trained in Hebrew at all. Although to his credit he was trained in Greek.

Mom, I am happier now than I have ever been. I am a better person than I've ever been ! I love life and have principles that I believe in because I want to, not because I think I will be rewarded . And I saythat with all honesty. I feel free. I no longer am trapped by the assertion that if I do not behave in a certain manner God will punish me. Like I said before, God loves us all. The only thing we must do in this life is live and experience life. We are not here to be tested for anyone else. We are here to test ourselves and grow spiritually through experiences.

Mom, you are not merely a good person because of your religion or the Bible. You are a good person because of you ! You are right, you had many chances to do things that may not have been the correct path, but you didn't. Don't sell yourself short ! I love you, Mom ! Please just employ a open mind.

Mr. Flipper again: Well, that's it, kinda long but thanks for reading. What do you think ? Was his mom putting out a guilt trip on him or what ? I thought he was loving in spite of her curt, Watchtower infested answers. Look forward to your comments. I'm so proud of my dear son ! Love him to pieces ! Peace Out, Mr. Flipper

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Your son did an incredible job, right from the heart.

Your ex is obviously completely brainwashed. I was surprised at the way she ended the letter because I felt like she, too, was speaking from the heart.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

What are Witnesses told to believe as far as how old the planet actually is? I understand they aren't allowed to express a personal opinion.

• flipper
    flipper

AWAKE & WATCHING- Yeah, I hear you. I was thinking the same thing that you were about her closing sentence. It was so abrupt and callous, I'd say is a good word for it. But I was proud of my son too, thanks for the kind words . I think he did a great job of anti-witnessing to her. Especially about the child abuse scandal. Peace out to you, hope you are well !

WORLD TRAVELLER- I agree the witnesses aren't informed much anymore about the startof the planet. I think their 6,000 year thing fell through as far as when man got created . I'm not sure what their view is now really. I've been out too long to know

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is a great response by your son. I am not being critical because I know he's right, but
    he may have lost Mom by going a bit far on this point:

...what else in the new world translation is incorrect ? In fact the primary translator, Fred Franz was not trained in Hebrew at all. Although to his credit he was trained in Greek.

That might have tempted Mom to cut him off as overly-influenced by Satan or the evil Flipper,
    piling on to the things he already said, so I was happy that he switched to praise for Mom, herself.

Your son gave a fantastic "witness" to her. Thanks for sharing that.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Your son did an excellent job in responding to his mother and your ex-wife.

Unfortunately, she has 'drank the kool-aid' and probably will not change her views.

Ronin1

• oompa
    oompa

I Am Very Dissappointed--------------priceless, I did not want to read it after that. I did, and your sons reply was fantastic. And he still loves her even. I am proud of your boy!..................oompa

• chickpea
    chickpea

"i am very disappointed..."

the smart @ss in me wants to quote "the princess bride" where westly says to montoya ( when montoya says he MUST know the identity of the masked man)>>>>

"get used to disappointment!!"

your son is amazingly clear and firm and yet is so kind and caring of the real difficulty this is creating for his mother..... rational thought is an anathma to these individuals

delusional self-righteousness is a real affliction amongst that population, a bluddy badge of honour to "carry on" in spite of (self-inflicted) wounds..... were she to know the thinking that pain is inevitable but suffering is optional, she could move beyond her disappointment ...... maybe one day she will

godspeed

c/p

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was surprised at the way she ended the letter because I felt like she, too, was speaking from the heart.

I did too But I feel that maybe she was too upset to carry on the letter her heart must ache for her son also. You can tell she loves him. Your son did a wonderful job.

Being a "mindcontrolled" Mother when I was in it. I sort of feel that the seeds he planted MAY start to grow. I pray so. Thanks for sharing Flipper

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Mom, I am happier now than I have ever been. I am a better person than I've ever been ! I love life and have principles that I believe in because I want to, not because I think I will be rewarded . And I saythat with all honesty. I feel free. I no longer am trapped by the assertion that if I do not behave in a certain manner God will punish me. Like I said before, God loves us all. The only thing we must do in this life is live and experience life. We are not here to be tested for anyone else. We are here to test ourselves and grow spiritually through experiences.

Mom, you are not merely a good person because of your religion or the Bible. You are a good person because of you ! You are right, you had many chances to do things that may not have been the correct path, but you didn't. Don't sell yourself short ! I love you, Mom ! Please just employ a open mind.

I love how your son worded this. I said something similar to my mother as well. I am sooooo much happier now, and am FREE!

Kudos to your son!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit