Were you all excited when you hear bad news ?

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I was an active JW, if there was an earthquake someplace, I'd be all excited

To be honest, I still love bad news

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Yes. Because these things are part of the sign of the last days. So something like 911 really sent shockwaves through our congregation and the thought that "This is IT!". Our meeting attendance after 911 increased from 140 on average to 180 for a couple of months,then slowly went back to normal. I feel very upset about these tragedies and to start getting excited seems totally wrong to me now. This is the real world not some Fxxxxxg fantasy.

FF

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No, I've always been a skeptic about things like that. I remember everyone practically nutting on themselves during the "international year of peace" what was that? 86?86?

It just made me tired and irritated. I guess that should have been writing on the wall though for my parents to know that I wasn't staying in when I grew up...

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

Yes I did and I have to admit I still do get excited. Even when I heard about the earthquake today in the Caribbeans my mind jumped to the scripture in Matt on sign of the end. Also, when I saw 911 on TV the first thing out my mouth was, "it's the end of the world"

- Angela

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

SCHADENFREUDE

YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY YEAH.....WHEN PEOPLE CRY

YOU THINK IT'S FUNNY YEAH.....WHEN PEOPLE DIE

IS IT A SIGN FOR YOU.....THE END IS NEAR

RELIEVES YOU OF THE BLAME.....THE FAULT IS CLEAR

THE PAIN AND MISERY.....OF SOMEONE ELSE

THAT’S HOW IT'S S'POSED TO BE.....DONT BLAME YOURSELF

THE JOY OF SUFFERING.....UNBRIDLED GLEE

THE HAPPINESS IT BRINGS.....IS PLAIN TO SEE

AND WE CALL THIS.....SHA-DEN-FRUED

YOU'RE SO RESPECTABLE.....SO SURE YOU'RE RIGHT

IT'S UNACCEPTABLE.....IT'S SOMEONE'S PLIGHT

YOU TURN YOUR FACE AWAY.....AND HIDE YOUR SMILE

I USED TO DO THIS TOO.....I THINK IT'S VILE

YOU'RE SO RESPECTABLE.....SO SURE YOU'RE RIGHT

IT'S UNACCEPTABLE.....IT'S SOMEONE'S PLIGHT

YOU TURN YOUR FACE AWAY.....SUPPRESS YOUR GRIN

IT'S AN OMMISION YEAH.....AND THAT'S A SIN

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Nope, I was scared sheetless, always had that bible story book image of the flood in my head, picturing myself as one of them, thinking oh fark, now I am going to get it!

• Gringa
    Gringa

Wow, I am amazed to hear people like bad news.

When I was really young, the witnesses would get all giddy over the thought of seeing armegeddon. I thought it sounded horrible to see all the death and destruction.

Truthfully, I didn't want to see it. It was a sickening thought and I thought I was weird.

Think about it - it's like the radical Muslims volunteering to kill a bunch of ladies at the market shopping for their nightly meal. The witnesses sounded to me that they wanted to see most of mankind destroyed, no matter WHAT they said.

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Drama Queen!

• erynw
    erynw

Nope. I knew I was going to die at Armageddon disfellowshipped. Scared the crap out of me. Obviously not enough for me to go running back to the Kingdom Hall and fall on my face and beg for forgiveness, but it still scared me.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh yeah! Bad news was great! It made 'the truth' seem even more 'truthful'. And at Bethel, any tidbit of tragic news was sad... wonderfully, joyously sad proof of the last days. Sometimes I'd be depressed or discouraged, and I'd actually watch the local and national news, and the news channels hoping for bad news to cheer me up and remind me that deliverance was at hand.

Now, I realize that just because the world is a mess, it doesn't mean WTBTS is the truth. This year, I'm happy for the people of Florida that they didn't get ripped apart with hurricanes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit