To all those who think the WT uses deliberate "subliminal" images...

by marmot 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Artists can and do put subliminal images in pictures....I have a painting right here in my living room in which the artist intentionally put a hidden word ("sex") in the image. So it is not implausible that a bored Watchtower artist might do something similar. Even in high school newswriting class, I put subversive hidden messages in my articles. The trouble however comes in identifying possible messages when you don't know the artist's intent (unlike the case of the painting in my living room, since we bought it directly from the artist). There is almost always plausible deniability because of ambiguity and the propensity for people to see patterns and faces where they do not really exist. Almost every example of Watchtower subliminal imagery I have seen is questionable, not 100% certain. But many are possible, if doubtful. And a few I think are more probable than improbable.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I NEVER noticed that before! Maybe it was a Livitical BJ song.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I second Leolaia's comment about bored Watchtower artists. I know I would be doing anything to make drawing such lame pictures more interesting if I had to do it.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

John Cleese did a great doco years ago on the Human face and or ability to recognize thousands of faces, as a matter of fact, a chicken recognizes individual chickens by their combs and can remember on average 13 other chooks, so a humans ability to recognize, and after years of not seeing a person, draw a picture is crazy.

The down side is our brain is so used to face recognition, it gets carried away and sees it everywhere. ie clouds, wallpaper, timber grain, tree bark and so on.

Have a beer,go cross eyed, stare at your lounge room curtains long enough and you'll see your unborn children.

PS the hand in the rev book is weird, but thats all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit