e-mail from active JW/my letters are working

by dawg 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

I just recived an e-mail from an active JW friend of mine, he was replying to the utube e-mail I sent him on the molestation cover ups. He knows the JW are shite, but he's conflicted becasue all his family is still in. It made me sad, he's young and knows its shite but doen't know what to do. He sounded sucidal.

I sent him a reply that was uplifting, letting him know that he has a full life to live... look at the beauty of the day and the like. I told him to not let fools ruin the rest of his life in service to them.

anyway, it made me sad and I thought I'd share...

ANd for those of you that said my letters wouldn't work, just one more example that they do.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Hey! dawg. Since coming to life here, I have done an awful lot of soul searching, meditation and contemplating my navel over this. I have alot of friends, past and present, 50 years worth, in the org. Some family members very dear as well. How do I approach them on these matters without them casting the evil eye on me? I am not Df or Da, just faded away, on purpose of course.

• Gringa
    Gringa

That is good to hear - actually, I think the letters do work for those who have some doubts.

You seem like a great guy, dawg - thank you for sharing and caring enough to send your friend truly uplifting notes.

• dawg
    dawg

Thank you Gringa,

No more guilt. I knew when I did this they'd be those that took great offense... my dad and mom completely quit speaking to me, but they really hadn't been parents for some time now, they'd come by and give me the old how ya doing about once a year, leave me photos of the "family"vacation that I wasn't invited to...ya know, stuff like that.

But I went to a funeral last year in Feb, and found that my 13 year old nephew had been baptised already and I went off the charts... kept asking myself "how many more must suffer in my family becasue I'm a coward"? I couldn't live with myself anymore, I knew I was the one that was right and I wasn't going to take that shit any longer.

SO, I made a package, wrote a letter with facts, documented facts, and mailed said letter off to every family member I could get their adresses... I wrote m dad first, he was a lot like the shit head AYLMAN guy this week that defended the WT position on abuse of childern. I wasn't getting answers from ole dad, just sidestepping and honestly smart ass comments like I was an idiot. I knew its those following men that are the idiots and you know what? I couldn't take it any longer. I was sick of seeing my family enslaved to these fools. So that's how I decided to handle it... the results were mixed, but there were those in the family, still witnesses that took mjy side, two of them were vocal about it and many-mostly those married, didn't want me to say it publicly but told me in private they agreed.

Now, as for you, you know what's best for you... It may be worse if you did it, but you never know. SOmetimes a bomb like the one I threw takes a long time to take effect.

As for the naysayers on this forum, its hard enough when you try something like htis, many of you told me it wouldn't work and sent very discouraging letters... after a few weeks I came to realize that many of you are just sad that you've done nothing. How's that doing nothing working out for you? How many people have you effected by doing nothing? I'm not trying to be harsh, but I really want to know why so many of you take crap of a group of people who are acting like a bunch of absolute fools? ANd worse yet, put down those that do somehting about it?

ANyway, the letter writing worked on several levels, many came out openly, many were pissed, amnd many didn't say squat. But all of them were talking about it. So, ,my mission has just began, I'll be composing another doosey on this child molestation thing this week, and they won't be able to defend this crap. Good luck everybody, I hope you'll share what works for you with me....

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Thank you, admonition understood.

• dawg
    dawg

I wasn't admonishing you bro, I was giveing those hell that tried to discourage me long before you ever came on this forum. Look at how every week some come on here and whine about their circumstances, and that's their rights, but there were some who wrote discouraging things to me when they heard I was going to write my letters... and what have they done that has worked for them? Nothing. It wasn't you I wasn on bro, you wern't even here.

• Maddie
    Maddie

DAWG - I think you are very brave and have great integrity to do this. I believe that we should at least try to let people know the truth about the borg otherwise how will they ever have a chance to find out. Once they know they can make a choice to get out themselves. If they choose to stay in, then a seed has been planted and they may act on it at a later date. I am glad I told my son about the abuse cover-ups even though I didn't get the reaction I hoped for at the time. Well done!

Maddie

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Good job, Bro

• Balsam
    Balsam

Great going just that the JW you wrote are actually thinking is awesome. That is great news because it might help all of us understand we really have nothing to lose by pointing out the what is wrong with the WTS. Even if they throw our letters away it will make us fell better. There might be just one who will listen.

I wrote a few letters as I left and before it was announced that I was disfellowshipped, but I never got a response. But who knows they may still be thinking about my words even now.

Hugs,

Balsam

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Dawg!!

What you are doing is extremely important!

Keep up the GREAT work!

Don't let anyone tell you that your letters will not work. Those are close minded and foolish comments.

People can wake up. You did. I did. Others can too.

It reminds me of a quote from George P. Burnham

"I can't do it", never accomplished anything. "I will try", has accomplished wonders.

Hats off to you Dawg.

Cheers, Bro

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit