Greetings from a recovering mormon

by FormerMormon 114 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im wondering if the no-hellfire doctrine has always been this way, or if the Mormons changed their beliefs on this, under the guise of new light-similar to JW's.

• erynw
  • flipper
    flipper

Welcome Former Mormon to the board- Alot of caring , non-judgemental people here ! I agree that most all religions cause mental illness as you stated ! Although my wife and I take it a step further and feel that most religions are cults ! Most of them want to control their members minds. If you have a chance read Steve Hassan's , " Combatting Cult Mind Control ". Very informative and interesting. Peace out to you, and welcome friend, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

Poser?? Sorry but the accusation just pisses me off. I have been posting at postmormon for a little while... never have I been accused of not knowing lds doctrine. If THEY haven't caught a poser, how would a JW??? What damage do I seek by posting here? Warning JW's against mormonism?? Maybe you are a true blue Mormon. I thought the MO of cults was to whiplash people between hope and extreme fear. Maybe you think the mormons dont use the fear component??? No hell??Maybe they use a Hope/Hope approach in their version of being a cult. Maybe you think mormons aren't a cult? If you are trying to give me a good reason to think exmo's are better than ex JW's... No, I think there are better people than that here. We all (I think) are seeking healing from cults, not manipulation.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome Former Morman!

We have similar wounds inflicted by different knives.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    We all (I think) are seeking healing from cults, not manipulation.

We have similar wounds inflicted by different knives.

Ignore the fundamentalists, FM.

They like the dark.

If you're a "poser", a hell unlike any taught by Southern Baptists awaits you!

• tula
    tula

Hi Former Mormon!

I read this awhile back and was wondering if you can tell me if it's true????

Maybe you could start another thread and discuss it for us if there is any truth to it. I find it pretty interesting and would like to know details.

Were you "high up" enough to know any of these secrets? Or do you just know this exists?

" A lot of the Mormon beliefs are not known by the lesser members of the Church. Only those in the highest positions are supposed to know all of the secrets of Joseph Smith and his founding of this religious sect. Smith made a lot of prophecies about the end of the world as we know it. He said that there would be a conflagration in the US and that the people worth saving would run to the mountains in Utah,Nev., Montanna, Wyoming and become one with the Mormon people. That would be what would save them from destruction. He prophesied that the next battle would be on our own shores, brother against brother as in the Civil War, State against State and City against City.
    Smith also said that the Mormons would unite the world under one ruler. "

Is all of this a general belief?

I saw on news that a lot of Katrina victims who had been told they were being flown to Texas were instead diverted and flown to Utah. Do the Mormons see this as prophecy coming true that "people are flocking to Utah"? Other than the food banks they have always had, what are they doing as far as promoting propaganda about the end?

Thanks. Really curious and interested.

Tula.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Former Mormon - I'm LDS and currently active I'll happily expose you. Either you aren't very intelligent and don't know your doctrine/history or you're a fake;I do not accept that you can recount bull**** doctrine as major reasons for leaving and not be smirking into your computer screen.

Either way let me make some salient points:

Giving lengthy doctrinal reasons why you left the LDS to ex-JWs is bonkers - since they are largely unaware of LDS history or doctrine you wittering on about kinderhook plates etc is fairly irrelevant. As far as this board - as a whole - is concerned they already reject LDS doctrine they don't need a botched recounting of out of context or plain incorrect doctrine regarding a religion that they don't care about anyway. If you are looking for sympathy and justification for leaving the LDS you don't need a list of YOUR bizzare beliefs to do that - just leave it at the BOM or prophecy and most will be on your side already.

Now that I've whinged at FM I am somewhat surprised and downcast that having posted here for ages along with SusanHere some of you are asking 'I've always wondered anout the LDS' questions of someone I've already pointed out is feeding you garbled info. I am more than willing to accept that LDS thought is interesting to many here as a comparison to your own experiences but please don't get dragged into the sensationalist 'wow, they believe that' cr*p - its like me coming in and hanging my whole opinion of the JWs on Miracle Wheat and Pyramid shaped gravestones.

Petulance over.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon
    Hollow earth theory? I have heard the term. I haven't seen anything in the history of the church, jornal of discourses, mellenial star etc.

In the process of investigating different faiths, I found an illustration from a LDS publication. It was a cutaway view of the earth. There were numerous entry points to get to the inner earth. There was an entrance at both poles and one in Utah.

It was speculated that Eden still existed on the underside of the earth and that is where the David and the faithful prophets of old lived. It mentioned that this belief of a hollow earth was later dropped. I'll see if I can find it again, though it's been years since I first looked at it.

• Qcmbr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit