congregation book study 11/26/07

by ush419 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

In light of the society's track record in assigning years to events (1799, 1874, 1914 as the END rather than the BEGINNING), 1918, 1975), how can we believe that 607 is the correct year here? Considering that virtually the rest of the world prefers 587/6. Based on our real world experience.

Can't we just wait for more New Light that acknowledges 587/6 and not have to site through this tedious chronology? It's all lgonna change agian anyway.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Darn! I HAVE to go tonight. I may even read. Darn!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I'm with ex-nj-jw. Can't read it. Whenever anything becomes that wordy and convoluted there is a shell game going on.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I still don't get how ... if Jesus is the 'firstborn of all creation' and preceded the angels etc., ... how it can be said that 'Jehovah's heavenly organization of spirit creatures' ( = God's symbolic wife, i.e. the angels, seraphs, cherubs) produced the Messiah and the kingdom.

• chickpea
    chickpea
    I still don't get how ... if Jesus is the 'firstborn of all creation' and preceded the angels etc., ... how it can be said that 'Jehovah's heavenly organization of spirit creatures' ( = God's symbolic wife, i.e. the angels, seraphs, cherubs) produced the Messiah and the kingdom.

i am thinking like a dub here..... i am thinking that as the firstborn, there was yet to be the fall of man that required a kingdom arrangement.... so the Word was yet to be assigned the salvation of all humanity ... hence the "bride class" yada yada and the need for a messianic deliverer

my head hurts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit