Where are the ex-bethelites?

by betty boop 37 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

"Are You a Spy " ? No, I think it's Betty Boop , I've seen her in antique stores for sale before ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• gymbob
    gymbob

Brooklyn...76 through 79.

• betty boop
    betty boop

a spy?? honey the LAST people i would spy for are the j-dubs lol

no im just a gemini and very inquisitive and curious ;-)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Well in that case, I trust you implicitly!

LOL!

• onacruse
    onacruse

betty boop, I was at Bethel before you were born, so you probably don't remember me! LOL

Like crazy things no one would ever know from the outside?

How about when some 40 Bethelites and 2 Gileadites were disfellowshipped for homosexuality, all in one fell swoop? Knorr's tirades went on for over a week...and not one word was ever officially mentioned "outside the family."

Otherwise, pretty much for me is like nvr said.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I did alot of work outside of Bethel, for some of the bosses in construction.

When I got in some trouble for it, guess who was part of the "committee" that met with me?

One of the guys I was working for.

LOL!

I got lots more.

Know Bethelites can get paid to work on KH projects in NYC?

I didn't either, till I got there.

Know Bethel bosses are allowed to lie when it suits their purposes?

I found out later that Circuit Overseers and District Overseers are too.

It's called "Theocratic Warfare".

• BIG D
    BIG D

i guess its ok to lie, as long as the society says!!!!!

big d

• slmdf
    slmdf

Hi!

Brooklyn 1991 - 1994

• onacruse
    onacruse

LOL w/ nvr.

I was just talking tonight with Farkel about the g-jobbing. One of the things that happened when I was there was all the glass bottles and cans that we collected (I was a janitor there) went into 55-gallon drums. We filled like 10 a week. At first, they were just sent to a recycling facility, but then Lew (a prickly old Texan kid LOL) got the idea that we could sell that stuff and make some dough. So he hooked up with another friend of mine who worked in trucking, and every Saturday after the morning shift Dave would come around and pick up this stuff and cash it out for $100-200...easy money.

Then, after awhile, George Couch (the Home Overseer) found out what was going on...and he took over the operation.

And then there were the private jobs for local bros...work all weekend for all the beer you could drink.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

And then there were the private jobs for local bros...work all weekend for all the beer you could drink.

That sucks.

We got beer and $$$$.

15$/hr, baby!

LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit