I Haven't Missed a Meeting in Years!

by Oubliette 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    Oub, That was classic! BA and I are laughing out loud just picturing that scenario. We love your first statement, "That's an odd question," JW's seldom realize how dippy they sound. :)
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Ha!! That was great!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

That was excellent Oubliette , well done.He probably is still trying understand "How is that an odd question "? and the rest went right over his head .

Isn`t their a piece of us that really feels sorry for those that are still blindsided by this religion ?

I know sometimes I am , having been their done that .

smiddy

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters
    It's all about trying to find out your status or level of spirituality- ugh! So GLAD to be done with it!!
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

"My meeting attendance has been 100 %* consistent over the least X years .......How about yours..????"

* [I haven't seen the inside of the KH]

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    There was an annoying sister in our congregation who would invariably approach people when they had missed a meeting or two and say "We've missed seeing you lately ". She pulled this on me only twice. The first time I let it go, the second time I said "I know...I've missed you too...but I figured you must have had a good reason to be missing so many meetings...nice to see you here today though" I quickly turned and started talking to someone else.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Genius - thanks for that little gem!

I'm going to hit any visiting friends or relatives with that one if they start probing!!

p.s. I ain't missing my Sunday meeting right this minute!! :)

• sillygirlforgotpassword
    sillygirlforgotpassword

Lol!!

post-of-the-month award to this ;)

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

AWESOME THREAD, oubliette!

And such GREAT REPLIES from everyone!

• Fernando
    Fernando

I haven't missed a single meeting in almost 6 years!

It seems the further away from the Watchtower we all get, the smarter we all get.

Or maybe it's JWC's fault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit