and so it goes...

by metaspy 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

If the child molestation stuff is all lies, then the WBTS would sue for libel - and they would refute on their Website and press releases.

• flipper
    flipper

METASPY- I'm sorry you got attacked verbally and spiritually raped and assaulted , all at the same time. Please know we care. Hang in there. I do agree with Dawg, that if you can get written info on the child abuse settlements , I would show it to those elders and the NBC website news on it and the u-tube video. If they see you are convinced in yourself, perhaps they will back off ! Good luck, peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Metaspy, Don't beat yourself up. The problem is not that you don't have a backbone. You do have a backbone. And, you do have a plan. The problem is that your mom and the elders have a copy of your planbook. They know your weaknesses and will exploit them. You don't have a copy of their planbook. Your a rookie playing a game for the first time against seasoned pros. (Does this earn me a 'G' for illustrations or what? Oh right, we don't use the old counsel slips anymore.)

Guess what... they have weaknesses too. If you need a little look in the elders' bag of tricks, give us a holler with any new developments in your situation.

Might this chapter help you?: "If you're tired of running from the elders, why not make the elders run from you!"

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

metaspy - you honestly must not beat yourself up that you couldn't nail them on certain subjects. This stuff is so mind boggling it takes a while to "set" just like jello - you can't just eat it once it's made.

All their so called truth is mismatched . period!!! you don't have to go re-read and try convince yourself. You know it already.

they just caught you unawares - stand firm! Don't let their tactics get to you.

** I feel like we're at war ** put on your army faces

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is like Purps & Josie say. They throw so many facts at you it has you doing gymnastics while you sleep. Best keep out till you choose to flip flop is what I say. I keep slappin my own face in the mirror sayin, 'Now repeat after me - only flip-flop when yooo is reddy boy!' But I need a woman with a whip behind me just to make it sink in!

• UU Now
    UU Now

Metaspy, did this meeting take place at your home? If so, remember that you don't have to admit anyone into your home if you don't want to. Tell your mother that you do not wish to meet with the elders (you don't owe her an explanation for why, even if she asks for one), and that if she brings the elders to your home you will not allow them in.

If you're accustomed to accepting the authority of the elders, it can be hard to let go of that. But the fact is, they have no authority over you at all. You don't have to meet with them or talk to them or let them into your home.

Stay strong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit