Official Watchtower response to NBC...

by drew sagan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Locutus of Borg
    Locutus of Borg

Hey . . wait a minute here . . .

Isn't the Elder arrangement only about 45 or 50 years old? Wasn't it initiated in the late 60's or early 70's??

weasel words

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    During the last 100 years, only eleven elders have been sued for child abuse in thirteen lawsuits filed in the United States. In seven of these lawsuits against the elders, accusations against the Watchtower Society itself were dismissed by the courts. Of course, one victim is one victim too many. However, the incidence of this crime among Jehovah’s Witnesses is rare.

You notice that "ONLY ELEVEN ELDERS HAVE BEEN SUED etc" which is NOT the same as how many have been ACCUSED of this crime. As usual, the clever WTS has carefully chosen its words to reflect something other than what is actually "happening", enjoying the illusion they are presenting in the way they say it. The Masters of doublespeak are at it again.

Considering too, that they tell their followers that they are led by Jehovah and that Jesus is running things there----AND that these very SAME elders were chosen by Holy Spirit......so HOW could this possibly BE?

ONLY eleven?

Pat them on the back!

Give me a break.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sunspot,
    I was just about to post that very thought.

They are using the context of civil cases to try and prove that a certain form of criminal activity is rare! How about all the times child molesters in the organization have not been sued but have been prosecuted and convicted of the crime? Those numbers would reveal that child molestation is at least as common as it is everywhere else. But they way they word it here is a way they try to make themselves look better.

I really think this ignorant comment is more for the JW membership. A cheap reasoning they can use to justify the situation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole response is a blatant lie. What they do is silence the victims so they will have no idea of how widespread this problem is. Then they put crap out like that. I bet that anyone actually reporting it would get disfellowshipped. No wonder they don't want people recording those judicial hearings and then posting them on YouTube.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit