Our grandfather died a week ago- guess why we didn't know.

by professor 26 Replies latest jw friends

• slmdf
    slmdf

Truly incomprehensible. So sorry. I hope my family uses more sense when faced with this kind of thing.

My sincere condolences.

• JH
    JH

Sorry to hear this professor

I'm so thankful that my parents never became JW's.

• hubert
    hubert

Sorry to hear you lost your grandfather, Professor.

Perhaps a letter to the editor of your local newspaper telling them of this situation is a good way to respond to their kindness and thoughtfulness..

It might be good for you others who lost family and wasn't told about your losses, to do the same, too.

Sorry to hear so many had this happen to them. My sympathies go out to all of you.

Hubert

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear about the unnecessary cruelty, professor and sister. Not all jws take it to that extreme. Many use the "necessary family business" clause to even "associate" with df'd family members. It is a very hypocritcal application of it.

*** w83 1/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***Of course, the grandparents have to determine if some necessary family matters require limited contact with the disfellowshipped children.
    *** w81 9/15 p. 29 par. 18 If a Relative Is Disfellowshiped . . . ***The second situation that we need to consider is that involving a disfellowshiped or disassociated relative who is not in the immediate family circle or living at one’s home. Such a person is still related by blood or marriage, and so there may be some limited need to care for necessary family matters.

Love, Blondie ((hugs))

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((Professor))) My condolances. I'm sorry to hear.

Skully gives good advice: Keep in mind, that your parents can't stop you from honouring your grandfather's memory in whatever way you choose, now that you know.

I agree, go ahead and plan your own special way to honor your grandfather. The process will help you heal your grief.

Remember: the speechless ones need our prayers, for a miraculous healing of their voicebox.

Love,

ESTEE

• bisous
    bisous

what assh*les. god this kind of stuff makes my blood boil.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Professor,

(((HUGS)))!!! I am so very sorry!!! How heartbreaking!!!!!!!!! I am furious for you!!!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• tula
    tula

Professor,

I am so sorry that you have lost your grandfather and I am sooo mad about the mean cruel way that you learned of it.

Couldn't you maybe approach the newspaper to put together a little article about your grandfather's life and accomplishments and announce a memorial for him.....which you could arrange, and invite all his non-JW friends? The newspaper could post the info.

You could make the arrangements with a church of your choice and invite some of his friends to speak. Or if not a church...maybe announce a rememberence gathering at a private home? ( sort of like the way people used to have wakes) I'm sure you can think of some way to gather his friends and other family who may not have felt very comforted with a JW memorial and give your grandfather a proper send off with those who loved him. I think a gathering of your choosing would be a comfort to you as well as some of the others.

Sharing your sadness, Tula.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm so sorry Professor. The cruelty and heartlessness is unbelievable.

momz

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I'm sorry to hear that :(

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit