Is Smoking the practice of Spiritism?

by freedomfighter 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• spiritboi
    spiritboi

Freedom, a warm welcome for you!

I found out some new things about the borg from your post :

when you go to the elders for help and when they decide to disfellowship you

what??? A person must be sorry for wat he has done and decided to seek help from the elders
    and they DF'ed him???

" Just because you are now out doesn't give you licence to do what you like"

We are already out. Why do they want to bother whether we place our cock pointing up or pointing
    down???

Now on spiritism and smoking...

I practice spiritism and oso smoke.

Many of my smokers friends do not practising spiritism.

My dad has been practicing spiritism for the past 20-30 yrs. But he does not smoke!

Anybody has that awake article on smoking and spiritism? Can scan and pm it to me??????

******************************* R.I.D.I.C.U.L.O.U.S *************************************

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Congratulation

• onacruse
    onacruse

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/142080/1.ashx

If you desire more definitive information, I'd be glad to oblige.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

That many things are put down to one bad thing or another in the WTBTS that it piles burdens upon your shoulders greater than you can bear. So my advice is work it out for yourself as to whether God is bothered when another million humans will die in the next week of all sorts of premature disease etc. Have yourself a smoke and go help somebody so you can offset your sin-footprint!

• JK666
    JK666

Jason,

Welcome to JWD!

As an act of rebellion after being DF'ed, I began smoking. Now I refer to it as my "garlic necklace." I use it as an excuse for not going back to the religion, when my family leans on me to do so. My worldly girlfriend worked better though, when we broke up a month ago, they started in again.

I will quit one day, but not today!

JK

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

smoking is NOT good for you. That said, I found it quite interesting to learn years ago, when I was living with a bipolar man, that one of the few sources of lithium in food sources is tobacco leaves. Now, I found this out in a government publication on nutrients and I thought it was really interesting that tobacco was considered a "food." But I also found it interesting that whenever my friend got really down he would go buy a couple of cigars and smoke them and feel better. So maybe for a really depressed person the cigarette is not only addictive but is also a form of self-medicating, a little lithium to even things out.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hortensia, one of the things I've learned about nicotine is that it's a serotonin 'manipulator' in the same class with dietary carbohydrates (including alcohol) and stimulants (including caffeine) and all the other neurotransmitter modifiers that we regularly consume in one way or another. The interplay between the pancreas, liver, thyroid, BMI, mitochondrial glucose absorbtion level, etc., is such that the brain is simply looking for an "equilibrium" between the extremes.

Every one of the substances which we consume to achieve that equilibrium has its own disadvantages., including nicotine.

I didn't know about the lithium aspect. Interesting.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Thanks for the info - I didn't know - very interesting!

• justhuman
    justhuman

well I don't like smoking is such an awfull habit

• monophonic
    monophonic

freedomfighter, welcome.

i too suffer from anxiety and panic attacks, mostly related to growing up a jw. baptized at 16 as well.

as said by other replies, if smoking is drugs and drugs is spiritism, then anti-depressants are also spiritism. it's a joke. the wtbts applies what's convenient without even considering the big picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit