Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia ...

by compound complex 29 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Mrs. Smith and Changeling,

Thank you for sharing.

I understand about lizards.

CoCo

• changeling
    changeling

An avocado sliced in half always reminds me of a womb.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

You can be helped, for a fee, to conquer your irrational fears. There is a lifetime guarantee. My question is whether the above phobia truly does put an unhealthy number of people into trauma; it is not my fear ... Please check this out:

www.changethatsrightnow.com/problem_detail.asp?SDID=204:1595

Compound-Complex

Edited to correct address/inadvertently came up with "Fear of Public Speaking," of all things!

I always thought public speaking was one of the most common fears.
    I don't have a fear of speaking publicly but it's not something I enjoy doing.

Price of the VIP program varies according to the severity of the case. Typically it runs from $2497 and up. Scholarships are available to assist with fees in some cases, please call for details.

I didn't see any other price listings but for that price I'd hope it works.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hoping and planning to respond to everyone asap ...

You're absolutely correct, Clam! One fearing big words should not respond to such a formidable thread title. Fear of BPSTTROOM is quite a "rational" phobia, I do believe. There was a milk commercial here in the US where a glass of milk at the opportune moment would have allowed the man answering the telephone, whose mouth was full [peanut butter?], to enunciate "Aaron Burr" clearly over the phone and win the prize offered.

I don't remember if it was a peanut butter sandwich he was stuffing down his throat, but if he were lactose-intolerant or suffered from bovineophobia, it simply would not have mattered.

It really doesn't matter at all, does it?

Thanx, Clam.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Miss Ann,

Thanks for bringing up the fee. It sure better work. I think I would just learn to deal with my fears - well, if I had any!

Phobias, of course, are the extreme ...

CoCo

• onacruse
    onacruse

Remember the Ents, from Tolkien's Lord of the Rings?

My fear is that, at the end of my life, I won't have one very very long Entish word to suggest for my headstone.

In the meantime, I'll settle for "LOL."

• compound complex
    compound complex

BTTT for AnneB and other friends of WFTD ...

CoCo

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia- Fear of the number 666.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Logizomechanophobia - fear of computers

Pteromerhanophobia- fear of flying.

Fascinating.

Syl

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm afraid of salespeople. They freak me out. They seem to always be searching my words for an opportunity. Real estate and insurance are the worst. I've experienced many uncomfortable silences whilst visiting with one. Working with them in service was especially surreal. Creepy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit