Who is Robert Johnson and his WTS/UN Connection

by hawkaw 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• chasson
    chasson
    Overall, I think that the Society's connection with the UN evolved. It evolved from a simple desire to get access to the library, to a vehicle for influencing politics

We can link this with evolution of humanitarian relief.

I have phoned to Nadine D., the french's volonteer in the Awake of July. I have talked to her an half hour (she didnt't know that i am an "apostate"). I was in his the same Kingdow Hall during the Rwanda's conflict.

For Aidafrique, this association was not at the beginning an official's Jehovah's witnesses association. The french's doctor has build it WITHOUT the help of the society. According to Nadine, it was just during the Rwanda's conflict thar Aidafrique has beginning to work with the French's Bethel. The main office of this association was not in the french's Bethel at the beginning. As i can understand, this association was a private initiative of a JW.

In Rwanda's conflict, this association has helped some "worldly person" by necessity, but after (1997), it has helped them by free choice.
    Unfortunately, the JDub are not informed of this till today.

After the Rwanda's conflict, the main's office was transfered in the french's bethel.

From the Rwanda's conflict to 1998, the donation to this association was not money (clothes, food) or was directly provided by the Bethel to the association.

Since 1998, the Jdub could donate by a special arrengment in the congregation.

We could see a progressive implantation of humanitarian's relief in the JW organisation.

I suppose that the association UN/Wt is possibly the same thing.

Bye

Charles

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

AlanF:

So, based on the "Library Card" theory, what was "so important, essential, necessary" about gaining access to the UN Library that the WTS consciously was willing to sacrifice its core principles and become a "PR Lackey" for Satan's Beast?

We have to give the WTS sufficient credit to have hoped for at least an even trade. A Library Card wasn't "worth" what they gave up. However, "status" as a UN NGO PARTNER, which could be used in a global plan to "appear" mainstream, so as to "work" the system to gain access to the then opening communist bloc countries was more in line as an even swap.

To say that the responsible WTS parties were numbskulls, who didn't know or care about the ramifications of "association", is to ignore the fact that not only did the WTS comply with NGO criteria and responsibilities, but the tone of WT and AW articles re the UN had already started to change prior to 1991, seemingly to prepare material and a "tract record" necessary to be submitted with the NGO Application.

The "Library Card" theory also requires one to believe that it was "purely coincidental" that paperwork for the WTS's UN "association" and AIDAFRIQUE's establishment occurred essentially at the very same time.

Added after Chassons's post: Who knows who this French Doctor is or what his connections are within the Borg? For a r&f JW to start up an international relief organization to serve international JWs, without involvement of the WTS hierarchy, doesn't make JWsense.

I still think that the circumstantial evidence points to "a plan". Who had the original idea and when, or when did the GB sign on, I don't know. BUT, at some point this became GB sanctioned strategy to sacrifice religious principle for marketing purposes.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Mad Apostate,

One other thing. Anything that was found at the UN was also being filed at other libraries like the Library of Congress in Washington and other Universities around New York.

To risk "association" and all that was required which was outlined in the Hoeffel letter and all for a trip to the UN library which had the same stuff as other libraries is unbelievable and most stupid to believe.

AS Lionel P Hartley stated - if the reason was for library access, it makes the WTS look worse in this scandal and not better.

The one thing I have seen with the WTS is that they are utlimately interested in power over people and money. What ever they do it is for these reasons alone.

hawk

• chasson
    chasson
    One other thing. Anything that was found at the UN was also being filed at other libraries like the Library of Congress in Washington and other Universities around New York.

Oh yes, it was a question, i had asking me since the beginning.

Good point.

Bye

Charles

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Charles,

These libraries have a deal with the UN and have what is called a "United Nations Depository". The UN deposits all articles to them and the libraries put them on the shelf.

My University in town is one and that is where I got the 1994 DPI Directory of all NGOs (which is sitting right in front of me with its beautiful royal blue colour and yellow stripe). They usually put it in an area that holds all government documents.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

To keep going a bit further with you Charles.

What you won't find at a library that is a "UN depository" is the articles from the associated NGOs that were submitted to the UN's DPI. These articles are available only for perusal at the DPI/NGO Reference Centre which is found in the UN main library in New York.

Only "assosicated" NGOs can see these documents. As I have said before I am putting a request into a few NGOs I met last week to see what I can do.

hawk

• one
    one

MadApostate,

I agree with you 99%, it was a plan.

It all started when Fred Franz was losing power due to age. All his predictions did not come true and they became more realistic. Economic and politics was a good game to play then.

• DB
    DB

Robert Johnson is referred to by name in the song "The Wasteland" which is on Elton John's latest CD entitled "Songs From The West Coast". Now, thanks to NeoMadman (Across The Water?) I know who Robert Johnson is.

• chasson
    chasson

Thanks Hawkaw,

I will add this explanation in my webpage.

http://www.chez.com/tjrecherches/ONU.htm

Bye

Charles

• AMNESIAN
    AMNESIAN

This photo is from the January 15, 2001 WT. It is one of two very recent photos of him to appear in the literature. I cannot recall the other. RP is the elder, obviously:

RP served as CO back in So Cal in early 70s. Extremely bright, genuinely humble and down-to-earth. A soft-spoken, compassionate and discreet counselor who related to and interacted with the friends as one of their brothers and not as one who felt superior or entitled. A speaker you could listen to for hours without checking your watch. No matter how many years passed between your last encounters, he'd always greet you by name and ask about your children by name. If you responded that the "child" had been disfellowshipped, he'd make it a point to say "Make sure to tell him/her I asked about him/her." This is no exaggeration. Believe me, most of the COs I've known over the years have been anal cavities whom I only barely tolerated. RP was the exception, a redwood among mere sprouts.

Grace: Shy, sweet, quiet. A lovely, lovely woman.

We last saw them (for the first time in over 20 years) a few years ago and neither seemed to have changed. I know he is considered an organization heavy now, but can't help but wonder whether and to what degree he's been affected by the pharisaic direction the organization has pursued.

JT apparently knew RP very well and more recently than we, from his stint at Bethel. Perhaps when he spots this thread and has time he will grace us with more of his keen (and hysterically witty!) insights and recollections.

-AMNESIAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit