OK...Who else is going to be putting up Christmas Decorations this Weekend?

by Lady Liberty 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Friends,

Happy Tuesday!! As many of you may or may not remember last year we had a "Frosty" who was attacked by JWs next door. We had not been brave enough to decorate outside except for "Frosty", a couple of potted trees with white twinkle lights, and a wreath on the front door. Still it was enough to bring out the fangs for those JWs.

Anyhow..this year we have been stocking up and are going to go for it!!! We have been anxiously awaiting this season so we could really do it up big!! We can hardly wait!!!! We will be putting up lights this weekend, but won't turn them on until after Thanksgiving. Oh how I LOVE the Holidays! And I LOVE tradition!!!

I found a great website for making some neat displays. Took me a wile to find them so I thought I would share them with you all in case any of you are as excited about Christmas as we are....

Let me know what you think!!

http://www.christmasdisplays.net/projects.php

http://www.belardolights.com/minitree.html

http://www.woodcraftsandpatterns.com/itoolkit.asp?pg=products&grp=35

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

yeah.......but ima gonna decorate the kingdom hall first.......... any volunteers wanna help me with that PRIVLEDGE?

• memario
    memario

I'll bring the toilet paper!! hehe

Ohh wait a minute Halloween is over, damn it missed that one too!!!

mem

• bem
    bem

Not decorating till after Thanksgiving, Lots of people were out last week-end putting up decorations to. I do like the sites thanks for the searching, I am already getting ready for the holiday though, it's turned out to be my favorite. http://www.belardolights.com/minitree.html <this site has some "star lights" that are really cool looking. I'm always looking for projects the grand daughter can help with.

• blueviceroy
  • oompa
    oompa

No Lady, I never have. I have always loved tasteful lights, but must confess that it still seems like one of the wierdest things ever dreamed up to cut down a tree and plant in the living room for a few weeks!.....oompa

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I didn't wait. I have been putting up Christmas decorations since July 6. Including lights and garland to go along the perimeter of my apartment. I put up my artificial Christmas tree just before Labor Day, and went ballistic with the tinsel garland since it became available in stores. (Yes, the lights are all LED for energy reasons and for allowing long use without having blown out bulbs.)

I think the deal should be that, one egg gets thrown at your house or one article gets so much as a finger laid on it by a Witless, and their Kingdumb Hell gets decorated for Christmas. They will have to pony up $10,000 out of their Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, and you get to decorate the whole property with Christmas trees on the stage and in the lobby, a huge wreath on the front entrance, tinsel garlands, a Santa with reindeer on the roof, and lit structures all outside. And switch the Kingdumb Sxxx CDs for Christmas music. Or, perhaps a big sign advertising their destroying your Christmas decorations placed prominently at their Kingdumb Hell. I wonder how much embarrassment they can get this time.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

We'll be putting up the lights on the front porch of the old trailer! LOL.

Skeeter

• DJK
    DJK

My daughter is moving back home from Florida. Should be home by next Wed evening and she will live with us for a while.

I'll have her do the decorating. Lucky me, daughter coming home just in time to work for me.

• Enjoying freedom
    Enjoying freedom

Probably not until the middle of December, but that is because we are having building work done right now and I am not sure how to get brick dust out of a christmas tree and tinsel!

Hopefully it will all be done by mid December so that all the christmas decorations can go up!!!

I am so excited!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit